This weekends project

fifer

Here is this weekends project. I finally got through with a Bar Mills Saulenas Tavern. It will be mounted in the (yet to be named ) town on the south end of the layout near the mines.

DSCN3763.jpg

DSCN3765.jpg

DSCN3766.jpg

DSCN3768.jpg

Thanks , Mike

fifer

Thanks Guys , I am working on a Lark Models building now. We'll see how it comes out. It will be a stucco, adobe building.

Mike

coaster

Nice work, Mike! I'm especially taken with your placement of those Woodland Scenics figures; you really impart a lot of character to the structure through them. (Even more than the prices on the walls, they tell me that tavern's the kind of place I'm at least 30 years beyond even thinking about going into!)

I'm already looking forward to seeing what you do with that Lark Models structure -- especially as you've mentioned a stucco adobe finish!

Regards,
Paul

Mike, great work.

I have one of those kits as well... not sure how long it will be before I get to it, though. I have been working on the Showcase "The Bartlett" kit most of the day today (31 Dec 06).

What would you say were the biggest challenges in painting and assembling the Saulena's kit?

fifer

George , I almost always paint last and this was no exception. I would have to say installing windows is my worst nightmare.
Thanks , Mike