This week at the Blue Note!

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
LIMA BEANS!!!!! TAPIOCA PUDDING????!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I say we fire the cook and get someone who knows how to make some real food -- Buffalo-style wings, nachos with the works, sirloin steak with fried mushrooms and a baked potato on the side all lathered up with sour cream.

Til then I'm sticking with this bag of Fritos!

By the way, the next round's on me.

Cheers!
Val

Attachments

• cheers.jpg
    cheers.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 83
Originally posted by Rusty Stumps
Hmpff, hmmm, ho hmmmm, Just clear'n my thoat fellas!

Seems when ever MISTER Feedwater is in the area you can alway tell as his hat tends to preceed him. I'm under the impression that his wife, the better half of the Feedwater establishment, has asked him to at least wash it! Now that will be a sight to see!:D :eek: :D

I was a gonna wash it, but it objected and done took off out the door. I think that Stumpy feller's been feedin' it table vittles anyway, so it most likely took off fer his shack.

By the by, Stumpy, Feedwater is an old fambly name that goes back generations to our founder. Elesco was his name. Elesco Feedwater. You'd never see him without his pipe and a covering for his head. hehehe:D :D :D :D

Cowcatcher

Oct 16, 2002
Near Spokane, WA
Visit site
Well Friday's finally here and the live music is on at the Blue Note. This week we have a geriatric rock band called "Mainstreet" just for the over or near fifty crowd. Between sets it is likely that Debbie will be sittin' atop the upright whilst Coaster pounds the ivorys.

Menu for this evening is steak and Copper River salmon, garden salad, mixed vegetables and steak fries. Dessert is apple crisp.

We got a special on Hamm's beer in the can but you only get's the special if you sings their jingle.

It's got so busy that I had to hire a new girl to help out. Treat her with courtesy! She used to work at someplace uptown called Hooter's. Guess it was some environmentalist cafe! Her name’s Imogene. By the way she has a chest cold but don't worry I told her to just take a little swig from Tysons jug and it would go away.

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Maybe a night out would be good. Like the company and the menu. 2 for 7:15- Salmon dinner sound great. Alaskan?

Hamm's huh? Let's see.......From the land of sky blue waters....
comes a beer refreshing ------Hamm's the beer refresshing.

Right up there with Kohler Lager, Piltzner, and Jackson Select from Erie, PA.

couple of beers to get started.:D :D :rolleyes:

HopefulAlan

Oct 25, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
Originally posted by davidstrains
Hamm's huh? Let's see.......From the land of sky blue waters....
comes a beer refreshing ------Hamm's the beer refresshing.

David, wasn't there a line in there, "from the land of pines, lofty balsams..."?

Does that qualify me for a free round, or does it just prove that I'm pretty doggone old?

Tankertoad70

Oct 19, 2002
Oregon City, OR
Visit site
I remember the 60's and watchin' the Twins games to see what the latest Hamm's Bear commercial was about. They won many an award with the Hamm's Bear advertising.;) :)

Doggone it, what's that fuzzy thing that just ran over my boots - - - :eek: :confused:

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Tanker..
Those were great commercials. Of course you are out where there were also some good ones like the "Raineer" herd from Rainer Beer, or the "Artesians" from Olympia Beer.

---just be careful and don't step on the fuzzy thing. It must be casing the place for Casey.

.....ummmm, what do you think we ought to do bout this poor Hooter's refugee that is trying to look busy?

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
See Some Hooters...For Free!!!

The girl that used to work at Hooters reminded me of something I wanted to share with all present.:D

http://photos.yahoo.com/w1nra

Go to the above and open the folder marked K4VIC...You'll see a really fine pair of Hooters:eek: ..... They "hang out" in a tree in my backyard!!!:D :p :D :p :D :p

Shay Driver

Sep 5, 2002
Kyle, Texas
Visit site
Evening Dave and everybody.

Imogene I will have the Blue Note special and one of those $1 a glass on tap thingys. Say Dave, Imogene adds a nice touch to the place. :D :cool: :p :cool: :D

How come Val gets dark beer for her group of friends and you offer me food coloring in a Pabst? Huh, how come Dave? :( :rolleyes: :mad: :confused: :p :D

Cowcatcher

Oct 16, 2002
Near Spokane, WA
Visit site
Good Day everyone!

Nelson, Val musta snuck that stuff in here as this ain't one of those swanky spots like ya see at the Minneapolis International Airport. This is a basic workingman's bar. Now Mr. Stumps did suggest that I get some of that fancy O’Doul’s for Mr. Feedwater and that stuff has just been a moldering in the cooler since Mr. Feedwater just turns his nose up and snorts every time I mentions it.

Alan, David and Tom you done good on the Hamm's thing, now let's try something from Mohawk Carpets! I used to get those two mixed up! Still do I guess!

Spitfire, I ain't no short order cook and you ott to eat yer Limas! This is a simple place and you gets what we're cooking tonight! And don't be sneaking in any of them fancy beers as ya gets me in trouble with Nelson!

Now, tonight’s menu, it's simple and cheap. Beef Stew! I am going to be watching the WSU Cougars kick a little b*tt on the football field and then I need to help out with a passel of teens at a pre Halloween party so I am going to let Imogene run the place tonight and she cain't cook. Who care's I say and you don't seem to complain much about her at least when ya don't bring the missus.

Free popcorn tonight too and I got some of them little egg roll things from the Schwan's guy for an appetizer. I will be having a special on some new beer tonight, Alaska Amber, but at $3 a bottle I think it is a little too spendy for this crowd.

One last thing, it’s cow tippin’ we do around here not Imogene tippin’ so be gentleman!

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
I guess it's just me and Imogene tonight to watch the series. I wonder if she has any other friends at that "Owlly" place that have the same problem with their chest. A "cold" I believe she calls it. She does act a bit dizzy though. Does she eat her meals here?

HopefulAlan

Oct 25, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
Hi Dave and all the rest of y'all,

I don't reckon I'll have any of that beef stew tonight, bein' as how the missus done fed it to me twicet already this week. And I fear you're right about that there Alaska Amber beer, it's way too pricey for me.

So if'n ya don't mind I'll just have one of them buck glasses and live off the fat of the land tonight.

Come to think of it, when I look in a mirror I realize I could probably live of'n it for a month of Sundays without doin' myself too much damage.:eek:

Have yourself a good time at that party, Cowcatcher, and do your best not to scare the kids too much.:p :p ;) :D

Phil, I'm sorry I missed your greetings here yesterday, and yes, I did get your email yesterday about an earlier message getting lost in Siberia! In answer to your question, my layout is still in the planning stage, as I had a bit of a setback when my "much" better half decided to re-arrange the room. The old plan, running along two walls, got scrapped, and now I have one wall to work with, about 12 feet long. About four feet of it, I can only come out from the wall about a foot, but the rest of it I can pretty much come out to 30 inches. (I know, all you guys with ranch homes with full basements are rolling around on the floor holding your stomachs and trying to catch a breath, but I'm happy for what I can get. Remember, too, I am in N scale, so that helps a bit.)

Anyway, I'm in the process of trying to refine a new plan that will give me some interesting operation within this small space. I have it in 3rd PlanIt format, but I wouldn't have a clue how to post it so anyone could offer opinions. If you can advise me on that I would much appreciate it, as I would like your input before starting to lay trackwork. That is, if you can spare the time in the midst of all your re-foresting efforts.:D

Rusty Stumps

well good evening folks. It's late but I like it that way. I'll take a Killian's Red if you don't mind Imogene! No stew for me either, I'll just live off the free-bees like beer nuts and pretzils! :rolleyes:

HopefulAlan don't feel bad. I had about something similar planned and when I bauched at the wife using that room for something else she upped and put the house on the market today so I guess my railroad plans are shelved for a while.

Not quite sure where we are moving too. I'm thinking of taking a map of the US taping it on the wall and throwing a dart at it. Hell one place will probably be as good as another. Besides a few people have all ready told me that's where I ought to move!:eek:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Well I'll just mozy over to this here corner table. I'll try the beef stew can't be as bad as $140.00 dinner:mad: :( :mad: :( :eek: for three adults and two kids we had at another establishment. Prime Rib was as tough as shoe leather and the seafood smelt funny. I'll take a bowl of that free popcorn and a Yingling Black & Tan. So what kind of music we got tonight. You know we have an extra hour tonight to enjoy.

Hummingbird

Sep 4, 2002
North Texas
Visit site
Hi Cowcatcher, Imogene & Ya'll,

Been to a Halloween Party...just got home...since the time changed, I guess I could have stayed longer, but glad I didn't since you're still open. Just give me a pitcher please!

Vic...I like your "Hooter" pin up pics!

Imogene...there's room for you up here on the upright with Val and me. Just don't knock over my bucket...that's where I carry my tune.

Cowcatcher...could you please assign someone else to take the coats and hats...I'm tired of chasing Casey Feedwaters cap!

Life is good...right?
Happy Railroading...pass it on!

:p Debbie