This week at the Blue Note!

Cowcatcher

Well we been shut down for cleaning for a few days. Seems that someone got to nippin' too much from Debbie's saddlebags and did a burnout in front of the bar with her Harley! Notice how they don’t mess with David’s.

Tonight's menu is Salisbury steak, double backed potatoes and lima beans. Dessert is apple crisp.

We got an outside group asked to use the place tonight for their square dance club but they might be short a few folks so be prepared to get grabbed up and dragged out to fill in for the missing.

Remember we got a rock group coming on Friday and Saturday night. They call themselves "Mainstreet" and do that 60's through 80's stuff mostly!

NYCentral

Ok Dave, Can I have my usual reservations for 2 at 9:00 P.M. today and Friday as far away as possible from Mr Feedwater?

BTW you can keep the lima beans!!:eek:

Hummingbird

Hi Cowcatcher & Ya'll,

I'm sure glad to see the Blue Note open again...bought a lock for the bike...LET'S PARTY!!

Square dancing??? :eek: Geesh...I'll be back in a few...need to get "something" out of the saddlebags...;)

Rock & Roll this weekend? Now you're talking!!

BTW...thanks to Pete and Tyson...we're not likely to run out of "something" to drink anymore...unless Casey Feedwater uses his snorkel as a straw!

Happy Railroading...pass it on!
:p Debbie

Originally posted by NYCentral
Ok Dave, Can I have my usual reservations for 2 at 9:00 P.M. today and Friday as far away as possible from Mr Feedwater?

BTW you can keep the lima beans!!:eek:

Ahem, you needn't worry about Mr. Feedwater. He will have on his traveling shoes and will not be available either of those times. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Enjoy your gluttonous repast. :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

Vic

Question For Casey

HeyCasey, Just wondering about something....How come the the other Patrons of the Blue Note seem to exhibit some anti-social behavior toward you?:confused: You seem to be a "righteous dude" to me.:D Have you whooped them one time too many at eight ball?:D:D :D

Oh, it's just their way of showing admiration and respect. :D

At one time, a few of them attempted to form a loosely knit fan club, but I informed them that it smacked of sycophantic behavior and that their admiration could be better expressed in the form of good-natured insults. :D :D

Since that time, they have heaped nothing but "praise" upon me. Well.... there have been a few other things they heaped upon me (phewww), but it was all well-intentioned, I am sure. :D :D :D :D :D

Now, where the hell is that cap Debbie gave me..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D Hey, guys.. don't throw rocks at it, pleeeeease.... :eek: :D :D

Lima Beans! It ain't right, it just ain't right...:eek:

Hey, speaking of lima beans... The old Irvine lima bean silos in Irvine, California were salvaged from the wrecking ball and converted to a La Quinta Inn (no kidding). The walls in the rooms are the original bare concrete with a sealer over them. The rooms are 6 sided as the original silos fit together like a honeycomb. The best part is the fact that on the back side of the silos is the BNSF mainline between Hobart Yard and Riverside, California. If you ask for a room in the rear, they warn you about the trains (for GOOD reason). The walls are a foot think concrete and the windows are dual-triple glazed panes of glass. They do little to stop the noise of the trains. The track is less that 10 feet from the back wall of the silo! If you get a room on the second floor, you could touch the windshield of the train with a broomstick (no exaggeration...):D There is a crossing about 100 feet away (where the road that the hotel is on crosses the tracks).
The first time I stayed there I opened both windows and waited for a train. You have not lived until you have been 10 feet directly in front of (and perfectly inline with) an Amtrak California horn as it blares for the crossing as the train flies by at 60 mph. My ears were ringing for hours...:eek:
I have some video footage of some of the trains. I'll have to put 'em on the website so the rest of you can get an idea of what it is like (without the wall shaking and ear splitting volume...):D

Tom F

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Casey's not eatin',,, all the more for the rest of us!!
Where's that tankcar full of Graham county's finest!! Don't tell me it's been held up behind another Amtrak derailment!!!!
Tonight's menu is Salisbury steak, double backed potatoes
Pass the lima beans, I'm a bit unsure about them "double backed" potatoes. Were they grown too close to one of them nuclear power thingies??:D

Shay Driver

Re: Question For Casey

Originally posted by Vic
HeyCasey, Just wondering about something....How come the the other Patrons of the Blue Note seem to exhibit some anti-social behavior toward you?:confused: You seem to be a "righteous dude" to me.:D Have you whooped them one time too many at eight ball?:D:D :D

Vic, it's that black and white coon skin cap Ol' Casey wears. :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: It ain't dead. :eek: :D :eek: There have been some problems with it in the Brakeroom. :( :D

Dave hold the limas
:cool:

Wolv33

New Poll at RROnline

Hello everyone,

I didn't think this post would be appropriate out there in the General area, since this is The Gauge and this post has to do with the new forums we are in the process of creating.

I just wanted to take the time to stop and ask you to please vote at the new poll on Russ's group-RROnline.

The poll concerns whether or not you are in favor of a registration process for the new forums.

Thanks for your attention, and I now return you back to your regularly scheduled program.

Later.

NYCentral

Originally posted by Casey Feedwater
Oh, it's just their way of showing admiration and respect. :D

At one time, a few of them attempted to form a loosely knit fan club, but I informed them that it smacked of sycophantic behavior and that their admiration could be better expressed in the form of good-natured insults. :D :D

Since that time, they have heaped nothing but "praise" upon me. Well.... there have been a few other things they heaped upon me (phewww), but it was all well-intentioned, I am sure. :D :D :D :D :D

Now, where the hell is that cap Debbie gave me..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D Hey, guys.. don't throw rocks at it, pleeeeease.... :eek: :D :D

As my 17 year old would say "Ya Right" It has more to do with his stories... like the one where he was purchasing a shirt (just ask him).... or the one... Well we will NOT go there today. And then there is the time he posted his photo and RR-lines lost 20 members :eek: :D :D :D

Re: New Poll at RROnline

Originally posted by Wolv33
I just wanted to take the time to stop and ask you to please vote at the new poll on Russ's group-RROnline.

1. Which "Russ?"
2. What group?
3. Where?

I guess I'm out of touch or out of the loop on this one.

Cowcatcher

Willst you guys quit snippin' at one another.

Mr. Feed Water kindly hang up yer cap or I will seat you next to Mr. Stumps!

Tonight’s menu:

Ribs, Fries, and Corn on the Cob. Tapioca puddin' for dessert!

We got free pool tonight and a special appetizer, Rocky Mountain Oysters. Apparently these come from fresh water.

Music for the Juke tonight but it is free too. All tap beer is $1 per glass.

Enjoy!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
I will take my usual table in the corner. I will pass on the puddin, however.

Can I fill this here Big Gulp Cup here with some of that brew?

Don't trust the oysters... I've been fishin' all over the Rockys and I ain't never seen one of them "fresh water" oysters everyone's always taling about... Either they ain't what they are claimed to be, or they're so rare that they're hard to find, in which case, they should be considered an endangered species and left alone...
I was lookin' fer some one time in a stream. I was carefully lifting up each rock and lookin' under it. An old coot came by and told me I had the right idea, but I was lookin' under the wrong place. He also said you jes' don't want to tangle with one in its natural environment... Never did figure out what he meant...:p

Tom F

NYCentral

Hey, when I was younger, I worked in one of them Rocky Mountain oyster producing places!! They were sold as fast as we produced them.:eek: :confused:

Tankertoad70

Hey Dave, is this a BYOH place:confused: , ya know, bring yer own hooch. I'm sure Casey has lots o' that from out in the Ozarks.:D

Say Casey, I think I saw yer cap a scurryin' out the door.:eek:

Reckon I kin go git m' 12 gauge and see if'n I kin stop it from runnin' away for ya.:D ;) :p

Rusty Stumps

Hmpff, hmmm, ho hmmmm, Just clear'n my thoat fellas!

Seems when ever MISTER Feedwater is in the area you can alway tell as his hat tends to preceed him. I'm under the impression that his wife, the better half of the Feedwater establishment, has asked him to at least wash it! Now that will be a sight to see!:D :eek: :D

Seeing I'm suffering from some late season allergies I suppose you can sit ole Feedwater down in close proximity.

I'm still not quite sure how he came up with that name "Feedwater" seems like it ought to be more like "Feedmoonshine" to me! Maybe the water is to "thicken" his blood back up again!

Anyways, It's a nice evening here in Hoosierland, full moon there abouts so all the nut cases will be out on the town.

Just slap me a nice sirloin on the grill with some sauted mushrooms and onions, baked potato on the side and a nice tall glass of Killian's Red.....Then for supper, I'd like....

Shay Driver

Hi Dave,

Just stopped in for dinner before heading over to the Brakeroom. I'll just take that table over there by Mr. PM and hold the Tapioca puddin'.

Say Dave do you have any Bavarian Dark on tap?