This stupid model is cursed!!!!

A

ARMORMAN

OK, there's good in this...I'm working on the Talon...supposedly, but for the last 4 months my freelance side work has been going gangbusters and my bread and butter gig is always busy (by day...a mild mannered janitor...by night...ART MAN!). So last week I figure "I can work on designs Easter...nothing going on" riiight...I get the flu on my back 4 days. So now I'm all better, finished the janitorial gig have some freelance to work on that I should be able to wrap up tonight...took tomorrow off...3 days of uninterrupted paper modeling and designing...ahh the bliss....until.....my neighbor came over to talk some business with me....we're standing out on my deck....CRACK!!! the entire deck collapses with us along for the ride.

Guess what I'm doing this weekend?
:curse:

bf109

eehhhh remodeling and designing ........ your deck

so tech.. looking on the positive side your still doing a lot of your hobby :mrgreen:

remember it's all comedy :thumb:

I know how you feel Armorman...so far I've spent my Easter vacation putting new roofs on two of my barns!...Lots of splinters:cry:..but no paper cuts...

A

ARMORMAN

Heh. 2 weeks ago I dropped $1600.00 on a new rubber roof for my tin can...errr...house.

Bowdenja

Hey........ first design your deck........ do it in paper first....... then graduate to the un-refined stuff :thumb:

Screws.......... use lots and lots of screws.

Glad you guys weren't hurt on the deck ride. :thumb:

Oh....... and just think, after you finish the deck it will probably be time to cut the grass......... paint the house........ fix the leakin faucet.......ummm......I'll shut up know before I jinks myself:eek:

john

MilesLinnabery

Miles Linnabery
Paper Deck

Dear A Man:
You going to do a 1:12 scale Deck in card stock? Some of us would be willing to do the beta buildsign1
Hope the real one came out OK,
Miles

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
I ended up taking one from an empty lot behind my house (3 years empty). The landlord came over and said I was stealing from him (it's still on his land, it's being used, and not being destroyed by the local trolls with their hatchet - seriously) and that he was going to file articles of eviction on me.

I responded: "I'm not behind on my rent (one of the few here), I just dropped $1600 on a new roof and you're going to evict me for this?" At which point he relented and let me keep the deck (I had offered to move it back, but it would have taken a few days).

Had he pressed the issue, It would have taken 6 months to evict me during which time I would have been saving my rent for a new place and he would have gotten nothing.

Fl0ydski

It seems the one thing you can count in life is uncertainty. And I certainly hope you are on the upswing! Keeping the optimism and positive is trying at the best of times for me. I applaud your efforts and being, as Bruce Lee would say, "like water" and bending with the ebb and flow of life.

Cheers mate,
~Floyd

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
Life is what happens when you plan things....still fighting the fight, just am not making the progress I desired. I did do some art designs for the interior of the landing bays....