This is the last year for my current Traction Layout

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
When My son got married Last May , and is now settled in with Angela at there new finished basement apartment at her Ophas.
I went and cast my modeling eye around the old bedroom I built for him 12 years ago.
I have claimed it for my new Traction Layout dreams.
Work will start soon (i hope) when it is emptied :D
Mean while
I took a few more shots of the "old" L/O.

Attachments

• P1010016.jpg
    P1010016.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 195
  • P1010012.jpg
    P1010012.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 194
  • P1010010.jpg
    P1010010.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 197
  • P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 189
  • P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 186
F

Fred_M

More room. A modeller's dream come true! Brings a tear to my eye, I'm so happy for you. Fred :thumb:

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
spitfire said:
Great photos Chris! Are you abandoning the basement layout in favour of this new one, or will you have 2?

Val

Thanks Folk, I love the sepia tone too, puts it right back in a time frame.
No Val, the bedroom is also in the basement, a tad smaller L/O will be buit in there, but it has it`s own door and window for the fresh air.
When his stuff is gone I will spend time getting it ready ie. lights and a cover board to shield them.
Then try and put all I have learnt over the last twenty years into this new L/O. :confused:

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Know of a guy who made up special rail passes for the occasion, complete with a "Last Run", photo runbys, cookout/picnic, etc.... Great opportunity for a fresh start and a way to sweep those coulda-shoulda-wouldas out the door :thumb:

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
:wave: Hi Chris, and congrats twice, one for the new couple and one for the new room. Will you do me a favor? When you do your new layout do a step by step how you do those beautiful rails in the street, yours always look fantastic. Of course as does your other modeling! Thanks :thumb: Jim

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
jmarksbery said:
:wave: Hi Chris, and congrats twice, one for the new couple and one for the new room. Will you do me a favor? When you do your new layout do a step by step how you do those beautiful rails in the street, yours always look fantastic. Of course as does your other modeling! Thanks :thumb: Jim

Thanks .
Sure will Jim, I do it the simple way :p I dont let it scare me I just pour the hydrocal and run for cover :D

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
interurban said:
Thanks Val but I do have it, what did your mum think of it?? :wave:

She loved it! It was quite a trip down memory lane for her, as she and her sister used to take the L&PS from London to St. Thomas when they were 11 and 9 respectively. Of course they were not supposed to talk to strangers, but my aunt was always an adventurous soul, and was forever striking up acquaintances with other people on the train. Once, to my mom's horror, my aunt gave their address to a man (called Mr. Honey) who ended up writing a letter to her! I asked my mom whatever became of that and she said she presumes my aunt wrote him back.

My aunt went on with her adventurous ways, travelling to England to appear in a touring theater company, to Spain, to a kibbutz in Israel, to Morocco, Turkey. She is 82 now and lives in an artist's loft in Montreal.

And to think it all started on the L&PS.

Val