this is stupid

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by missymouse, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missymouse

missymouse Member

man, seems if you don't post for more than a couple weeks, you have to post something just to see any threads......i hate this layout and host already wall1
  2. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Give the guys some time to sort things out. It'll be ok in the end.
  3. sakrison

sakrison Member

"It is not necessary to change; survival is not mandatory."

Give it a little time.
  4. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Guy Behind the Curtains

There is no such requirement. You should be able to read threads same as anyone else.
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Have you modified your options in the control panel options yet so you only see the cardmodel posts when you click new posts? I think you will be much happier after that.....
  6. Peter T Davis

I think she probably saw some of the "ghost threads" and thought it was personal.
  7. damraska

damraska Member

Actually, the same problem Missy described happened to me when I first tried the new site a few days ago. After reviewing one or two threads it stopped showing content. Instead, when attempting to look at a thread, the system would return a message like, "You have not posted in a while. Why don't you post a message, share some thoughts, etc." After I made my "Gak" post to the testing forum the problem went away and I could view threads again.

I also encountered the problem with messages showing from other groups, but that was easy enough to fix as described in a few places. However, I agree with some other members that the default setting when signing up for should be to exclude the other group forums, with the option to show them, rather than the other way around.

8. Peter T Davis

Hmmm, well it's not supposed to do that. I know where the message that suggests you to make a post comes from, but the threads and posts are supposed to show right under that. I'll have to figure that out.
  9. damraska

damraska Member

Hi Peter,

I would bet the problem resolved itself because of your ongoing work, otherwise you would be reading a lot more complaints like Missy's. I would not waste energy researching it unless someone else makes the same complaint. At this point it's low priority, at best, in my opinion.

10. hmas

hmas Member

Sorry Doug & Peter
    Its also happened to me on 2 occasions now, its annoying, but I agree it is a low priority problem. Umm now that I have wasted space with an almost useless post, maybe it will go away wall1
  11. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Hey Sweetie!!

How have you been?????:wave:

Rest assured things will get ironed out here!

It'll be less if thiswall1 and more of this:mrgreen:!!
  12. Peter T Davis

Even an almost useless post is good enough to make that message about posting go away. ;)

I'm more concerned about the comment about seeing threads. I do think it's that you're seeing the "ghost thread" that we're working on getting rid of. A bunch of members are pitching in to help identify them by using the thread rating system. By rating it a 1, you're signaling the moderators to remove the ghost thread.

The ghost threads are due to a glitch on the upgrade, and nothing to do with whether a member has posted, not posted, new, old, young, etc. I see them as well as anyone else.
  13. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Same thing has happened to me. Also, all of the attachments go to someone building a train set???????

14. Would the ghosting include duplicate threads with several or no copies of notes inside them - see "Dogs" next thread down? Also the personal mail had 2-3 copies of all the mail items. I've tidied mine up. Is there a way for contributors to delete their own duplicate notes to keep the latest threads tidy at least?

The site is getting noticeably better. Much appreciated.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.