This is an important message for everyone

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by Starguard, Feb 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starguard

Starguard Member

Do you guys have a Moderator or Administrator on this site? Reason I ask is because it seems like there aren't any kind of enforced restrictions on what a person can say in here. Many of you really seem to know your R/C, but in all honesty,some of you guys really scare the blazes out of me sometimes. I've just receintly started posting here, but I've been visiting here now for quite some time with the belief that this was a family oriented site. With all the flaming and name calling that goes on in here, it would seem to be enough to run off a lot of very good people that we all could have benefited a great deal from. So please...(for the sake of us all), try and be a little nicer to each other O.K. To do so would make reading these posts a lot more enjoyable...Remember, the entire world see everything you type
  2. combatcm

combatcm Member

We should start with telling people to not start threads with peoples names in them. All the threads are "dudex said this" "rockn82 said that" or "vote here timrock is an idiot".

Only a few people post here, it is mainly a dumping ground for classifieds.

I've been here since 1999, It was just in my runs of looking at internet RC forums. It also slowed down a lot in the past 4 years.
  3. bandit1

bandit1 Member

Ive been here awhile too, and yes i agree with combatcm. I think I came in right around when this site was going down. Too bad....its alright tho cuz I have another site that i go to that has more good people around to help.
  4. timrock

timrock Active Member

aside from the weirdos that post bs crap(rockn82,dudex,mastec),i think this is a Great site.
  5. We do have moderaters, steve m, I ask him to do somethin but he did'nt but he did reply
  6. timrock

timrock Active Member

i disagree with bandit.this site isnt going is going up.with all the more topics and becomes more searchable.
  7. Steve M

Steve M Member

I am one of the moderators of this forum and I did take action contrary to Danny's comment. In the future, if I see childish name calling and questionable conduct I will look into things.

We expect you as users to behave properly and show some respect towards others just as you expect respect in return. Have fun but be respectful.

There are a few simple rules that I expect everyone to observe to make their experience here at the RC Web Board an enjoyable one. They are here to help everything run smoothly and make sure everyone has fun. If you ever have any questions about them, feel free to email me.

1) Treat everyone with respect. While you may not agree with everyone's opinion, does not mean you should get nasty with them. Treat others with respect and you will earn everyone’s respect in return.

2) Vulgar language will not be tolerated, NO exceptions! There are many younger people that visit here and we want to keep this a place where everyone is welcome and comfortable.

3) The above rules are not the only rules. Use common sense when posting and everyone will find the boards much more enjoyable.

4) Have fun.

8. tr4c3

tr4c3 New Member

i know im still new here, but i think that you should create a separate section for things like flames. so when someone gets angry, they go there and fight, keeping things like this out of the regular posts that more of us view for help or just to talk amongst others. also, i know that creating something for things such as flames is bad, since flames are usually bad, but it would be better to keep them out of our regular posts...
  9. ovalnator

ovalnator Member

That is what Instant messangers are for. There is no need for a special forum for arguing.

I too am a Moderator here...and now that my schedule is calming down a bit...i will be keeping my eyes on things around here as well.

10. rcwb_admin

rcwb_admin Member

I am closing this thread. The moderators have said all that needed to be said and their word is final.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.