This guy needs some lotto tickets

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
I'm with COMBAT on this one. Yes, pedestrians have the right of way... BUT, if the driver of that vehicle you are crossing in front of is not paying attention or can't possibly stop as in this case, was it worth your right as a pedestrian to challenge 170 pounds +/- against something that weighs several tons? I get a kick out of these people who just walk right out in front of me as they leave the grocery store or K-mart etc., don't even stop, assuming that their right as a pedestrian makes them invincible. If some people only had a brain. I guess you could compare this to people in cars that try to beat the train across the crossing. But then I'm preaching to the choir here right?

myltlpny

Feb 18, 2007
Gloucester, VA
www.homesiteinc.com
Actually, in the US the pedestrian only has the right of way if they are already in the crosswalk as the car approaches. Otherwise, the car has the right of way. A pedestrian may not just step out into traffic. It's no different if there was another car or a bicycle in the road. This seems to have happened in China, so who knows...
It doesn't matter anyway. My Grandfather had a saying for things like this; "You're right, dead right."
It doesn't matter if you think you're right. You're dead anyway.