Thinking about buying-HELP!

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by Nitram68, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nitram68

Nitram68 Member

*I have a Similar post in the other Watercraft Forum.
    I have 2 nitro trucks and I'm interested in buying a nitro boat. I have some cash but I don't want to sell a body part in order to afford one either. Can anybody give me any ideas as a good starter boat,but not a real cheapie either?:D
  2. Ron Olson

Ron Olson Member

Cool, we always like new blood in this part of the Hobby. We could use a price range that you are trying to work in and what equipment that you already have that you can use for a boat. Let us know what style of boat turns your crank. You want something that is not over your head but will hold your interest. There are a lot of good boats out there but junk too in my opinion. I will give you an honest opinion of I know about the one(s) that you like. I don't pull punches in this Dept.
  3. Nitram68

Nitram68 Member

-I was looking for some thing to start with,a Traxxas Nitro-V was recommended by another post. All I'm going to do is "pond hopping" to start with. As for radio equip all I have is an AM pistol but I thougt since I was only going to be in my own pond I should be O.K. for now. The price range tops out about $250-300.00,as a first boat. All just to get hands on experience before getting a real performer!:)
  4. Ron Olson

Ron Olson Member

I'm personally not a fan of the Nitro-Vee but that's me. A lot of weight with all of the extra gear in the boat that slows down an already underpowered boat. The one that I have been telling new boaters to get is the Aquacraft Nitro Hammer. I've seen quite a few of these run and I've been impressed with them for the price. Easy for a beginner and not so slow that you will be bored in 5 minutes. If I were starting out, I'd probably grab one of these.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.