• GrabbedFrame25.jpg
    GrabbedFrame25.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 48
  • GrabbedFrame24.jpg
    GrabbedFrame24.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 38

Master-Bruce

Sorry Nothing. LOL

Hey Paragon, Where'd those Vipers come from??? Are those Jays or your own?? They look great!! Especially the Mk VII.

Master-Bruce

Oh!! I had some ideas this afternoon. Firstly when we get round to redo the Cylon Raider (the standard one) I'll work on the textures so that we can have Scar!! Though that would be cool. :)
raider_1.jpg
Also I've found pics of the Mining Ship when it's deployed on a planet surface when it's mining. It shows the landing struts deployed along with the drill towers and shafts. Thought that may be a possibility for choice sake.
minning_2.jpg
And another one, this isn't a ship that spends alot of time on screen but I have a feeling that BSG nuts like myself and Nothing will love it. The Prometheus! It's the black market ship that features in an episode in season 2 I think.
promo_2.jpg
These pics come from the site of one of the CG artists for BSG so credit for them goes to him. His name is Alain Rivard, at Scifi-meshes he's known as Al3d.

Paragon

Those Vipers are Jay's, with some modification from me. Galactica is the original size. The files for the vipers are in the "My Album" link if you want them.

Paragon

No, I don't. The Blackbird isn't as detailed as it could stand to be (though its better than the original), and I think I messed up the resolution on it, so its more blurry. If you're interested in how it looks, you could just download it from my album and build it. Its a quick build.

Master-Bruce

Really?? Where? I did start one a while back but couldn't get to grips with the curves in it. The way they merge and flow threw me off so I gave up.

Can you say more about it?? I'd love it to be say 1:2 like the Terminator T-800 model. Though just knowing one is on the way is great news. God! There are a lot of cool models on the horizon these days. :)

Master-Bruce

I've did a bit of re-working on the shuttle. I've resized it for a larger model and altered the way some of the parts assemble.

Here's the new .PDF, I've not done new instructions for this as it's still close enough to the original to not warrant new instructions.

View attachment ColShuttle2.zip

Nothing

Longtime Member
man youve done a great job on the shuttle... im gonna have to break bad and build it! i need more time!!! can we switch to 48 hour days?......please?

Master-Bruce

Thanks buddy. I just had to bump it up a notch, too small for me the first one was. I really looked forward to getting home from that wedding trip to build it, only to find that my chunky digits weren't up to the task. I'll be able to now though. :)

Also, for those who wanted the Heavy Raider... Here it is!!!
Image2.jpg
Sorry, not the model. LOL!! Just a teaser of the parts layout as it is now. I've been going through this trying to make it as painless as possible. SJ did a great job on cleaning it but it's still a bit tricky to unfold due to the mess it was in originally. I just have the engines now to do and she's done. Well after some rough instructions. :) You'll need them I think to get this beast done. SJ did some nice breakdown shots for me as reference so I'll use those too.

ajmadison

The pics look good SJ. I personally can't wait to start on the new Galactica, I'd like to build mine at around 3foot long. Though we can wait to that until we've done the other "undone" ships. Any ideas what you're sending me next??

FYI, there's a guy scratcbuilding a 1/2500 scale Galactica who posts on starshipmodeler.net. You'll have to do the math to figure out how big the model is, but its plenty big. He's gone all out on it, building the model up with stacked parts of ribs and inter-rib segments and there are tiny details on the inter-rib segments. I believe he's using a CNC machine to produce prototypes for the inter-rib layers which he's then creating molds and and casting up in resin.

So, I offer this not to show how much better plastic & resin modeling is, but thought the fans of BSG would be interested to see another modelers take on the subject. Personally, I'm becoming a bigger and bigger fan of card modeling, the offerings are wider & deeper, you can scale at the touch of a photocopier, and a couple of tools and a box and you can model almost anywhere. The car for instance... (no I'm not driving ;-)

Master-Bruce

Yeah. I know all about that one. :) Cobywan. He does great things. I was actually lined up to build the master for the Pegasus for StarshipCreations last year before it closed it's doors. My Pegasus was going to be in the same scale as the 2500 Galactica.

I love resin kits but they're so expensive that I just can't buy the kits I like. I totally respect the reasons for those prices but they're just out of my range.

Hence my future 3' Galactica in card. :) Card is great, if the textures are good and the design is sound then alot of the time a model can look just as good if not sometimes better than a resin garage kit. Plus they're cheaper, easier and make interesting talking pieces.

Also, I actually posted threads about this project over at Starshipmodeler and got a very dissapointing response there.

At least the folks here appreciate these models purely as they're made of card.

sjsquirrel

Size for colonial liners?

I'm unfolding the Colonial Liner now. What size should I go for?
I know skupilkinson wants a big one (say 3 feet?), but what about the rest of you? It's not a big deal to release it in a couple sizes.

I'm also cleaning up the mesh of the Astral Queen, and then while skupilkinson is unfolding that I'll move on to the Defender, since nothing indicated above that he can't get the original textures in.

SJ

Master-Bruce

3 feet is always a good number for me. :) Back when I used to scratchbuild things I usually always went for 3' as my size, called it my magic number. LOL

This is a good size for the liner I think as it's not a big ship, just long. It wouldn't be too invasive and could sit on most peoples shelf. Various sizes is good though as Nothing did mention that he had limited space forhis models.

The Heavy is coming along nicely now and I feel confident it can be ready tomorrow night for everyone. There are two parts I'm not too happy about but we've done our best with it and it will look great when build.

I'm sure the ,mesh of the Defender is clean as is. I checked mine before sending it to Nothing and it had no intersection that I could see. That could just be a straight unfold when I've done the Astral Queen. Unless, I missed something??

Nothing

Longtime Member
price was the main reason i started paper card modeling. after $80 dolars for my resin viper and raider i just couldnt justify the expense anymore. if it werent for this site and paper i woulnt have any fleet floating through my living room!!sign1

Status
Not open for further replies.