Think Jays Galactica is lonely, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indy500Lee

Apr 9, 2008
North Liberty, Indiana
Thank you Guys!!

I just want to say thanks to all of the guys making these models for us to make!! I am working on a battlestar right now, it will probably take most of the summer to make, but with you guys bringing out more models this will take me right through the winter also!! Thank you again!! Please keep posting pic's of your BSG models, I enjoy watching everybodies models!!!

Lee:thumb:

jwhawk04

Jan 30, 2006
Almost there

Here are the latest build pics top nacel and tail is all thats left. It might be one week till release or sooner.

Attachments

• DSC00100.jpg
    DSC00100.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC00099.jpg
    DSC00099.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC00097.jpg
    DSC00097.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 16

Kjev

Dec 15, 2006
South Eastern Idaho
For a Pilot

Hmmm. . . . Considering the size and a few wild guesses, I think I'd break out the epoxy putty and a GI Joe or Star Wars guy for the pilot.
"Now starring . . . Princess Amidala as Starbuck!" Or if you are really lucky and have one of the original BSG action figures of Starbuck or Apollo, you could put him in there.

K'Jev
8)

Indy500Lee

Apr 9, 2008
North Liberty, Indiana
Not sure who uses this, but I read in one of the posting that some of you guys use water colors to do touch ups, what kind do you use?? Also what kind of printers do you guys use to get such great detail??? I am using a Brother 420CN Printer and 110lb cars stock!!! I have tried diffferent pounds of paper but, I like 110lb the best!! Thanks!!:thumb:

Lee:mrgreen:

Nothing

Longtime Member
Sep 13, 2006
yankee44.webs.com
i use an epson cx6600. ive been extremely happy with it. ive used lexmart and hp. i personally dont like them. as for water colors i use both basic childrens water color set and some artists water colors.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Hey I was wondering the other night. What's happening with the Big G? I thought she was moments away from release?

fr33lancer

Apr 1, 2008
Sorry to butt in here.... Galactica is coming along, I almost have all the the pieces built but have had little time to work on it.

Started printing out Jays Viper MKII and Paragons clean page but while Jays PDF prints out fine, Paragons re-do PDF prints out very large. I tried to set the printing parameters to " fit to page" with no luck.. not even knowing if that would be the same scale as Jays Viper.

Any advice? Thanks

S

Starship Builder

yeah i have that problem to the only way ive been able to fix it is by copying the pages into photoshop and printing there but keep the scale the same

Indy500Lee

Apr 9, 2008
North Liberty, Indiana
Thank you for the info guys!!! I was wondering also can you take one part of a model and enlarge it so you can make a bigger model , instead of blowing up the whole sheet and using a bigger printer?? I know this might sound stupid, but I donot play around too mich with settings!!

Lee:mrgreen:

jwhawk04

Jan 30, 2006
Almost Done Latest pics

Having a hectic week, we have an LSET in ten days so been on twelve’s, but I have been slowly finishing the build on the viper. All that’s left is to work on the tail some more my test build on that piece was garbage. Then work on reorganizing the files and include some easy instructions for release. In the pics so far I haven't edge colored anything, would be an awesome model the next time I build!

Attachments

• DSC00127.jpg
    DSC00127.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC00128.jpg
    DSC00128.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00129.jpg
    DSC00129.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00130.jpg
    DSC00130.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 13

Nothing

Longtime Member
Sep 13, 2006
yankee44.webs.com
not sure...last i heard skip was supposed to get the files from sj to finalize the instructions. i know sj has a lot going on so i dont know if he was able to pass it along.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
I have them. :D I had connection problems last week when we sent them so I couldn't download them straight away.

I should be able to now though so I'll get on it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.