Think Jays Galactica is lonely, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliott

We interrupt this ... ummm ... discussion to bring you an announcement

OK gentlemen, this thread needs to come back on track immediately. This type of discussion, if it must be held at all, should be carried on via PM or personal e-mail. Thank you.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled fhread......

Master-Bruce

Well, I'm busy with Gundam designs but I've told SJ that they will go on hold if it were to work on a new BSG model. ;)

Let's let SJ get the Big G done first.

jaffro

Long term member
Personally I'm a big fan of this thread so if it's ok with you guys I'd be more than happy to delete the crap.

As for the trek nerds who insist on coming here to sign up just to have a go at Joe, all you are doing is making yourselves look even lamer than you are trying to make Joe look.

Everyone has issues, some of us more than others, but Joe has made huge efforts to keep this kind of crap away from here, and you idiots keep signing up just to add more fuel to the doused fires.

By the way, lakespeed and rel, I notice you have one post each but have not yet found our Introductions Forum It's where new members can say hello and be welcomed to our community, a lot of them mention how glad they are to have found the place and a bit about why they are glad to have found all these other card modelers to share hints, tips and builds with etc. But that's not why you're here is it? Please stop wasting our time.

Get a grip, get a life, move on.

C

cgutzmer

First off CJTK took his TEMPORARY ban quite well - better than most. He understood it was because we want the past left in the past. I think he has done that quite well. At least until someone else dug the past up and decided to throw it in his face again for no reason. Forget it, move on, grow up, let it be. Since he has been back he has been an exemplary member. I am not going to go back and delete the posts from this thread else it will all just come up again when its said "what happened to my posts"

Anything henceforth in the thread (or any other) that tries to drag these past events into the limelight will be deleted (mods you have my permission - you always did)

If anyone has a problem with this deal with me via PM.

In closing I wanted to say thanks to CJTK for using his second chance well - it goes to show that sometimes second chances pay off and given your contributions I for one am glad you are still around.

E

ekuth

Off topic/inflammatory sections of this post have been deleted and/or edited.

Please keep the threads ON TOPIC from now on.

As a personal aside, I too agree with and echo the sentiments of cgutzmer and jaffro.

CJTK has made a sterling effort since the temporary ban of the New Year to keep ALL his posts on topic and free of the past.

Please DO NOT continue to bring the past to light when the issue has been dealt with and the parties involved have moved on. We all have something unique to contribute to this forum.

If you have concerns or question, please contact a moderator or administrator. That is what we are there for.

Continued harrassment by flaming either in posts or PM's WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

'Nuff said.

sjsquirrel

The Galactica

Ladies and Gentleman :wave:, it is with great pleasure that I announce announce1 that the 3D mesh and texture work is officially DONE! Yippee!

I will now be moving on to a test unfold of the entire beast, then I'll split it up and send parts off to nothing and skupilkinson for unfolding and instructions, while I unfold and document the third part. Then we'll pull it all together and it will be ready to go.

Hopefully this doesn't take too long. More news soon,

SJ

Attachments

• zz-2.jpg
    zz-2.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 47

theo

Waaw, that looks great!
balloon6

Can't wait, the defender i'm building is coming to the end and still wandering whats next on the line.
So maby....:twisted:

Gearz

Woohoo, Sj.. thats... a... Goood.. loookin... mesh !! Beautiful texture work! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Congrats on finishing it ~ the Beers are on ME!

( just have to swim over to get them)

sjsquirrel

No title

Thanks guys.

@Gearz - wish I could take credit for the mesh and textures, but they were all part of the BSG ship package. I cleaned em up ready for modelling, and added the retractable pods and formers (no small feat, I know).
The textures on all of these ships are beautiful. My skill with creating textures is coming along, but still has a ways to go, but while working on this project I have definitely mastered using textures in Meta. One step at a time eh mate!

@CJTK1701 - Like the Colonial Liners, the Galactica will be released in two sizes - one about 3 feet, and one about half that. I designed the inner structure so that it could be built BIG. If anyone wants it really big (like 8 or 10 feet), I'll whip up detailed cannons you can build for it too.

I've completed a couple test unfolds and addressed most of the issues (textures slightly off, lines/points not connected where they should have been, etc) and just have a few small issues to clean up. One area is a texture bit that doesn't line up quite right. I might be the only one that would see it, but it's bugging me so I gotta fix it! sign1

Anyway, I've made great progress in the past week and the end is in sight. I'm really looking forward to wrapping this one up so I can move on to the next ship in the pack.

Of the ones in the package that aren't available elsewhere we've got the Agricultural ship, the Gemini Transport, and the Refinery ship to do.See reference sheet 1 and reference sheet 2 for pics.

What would people like to see next?

SJ

Master-Bruce

Refinery ship for me. ;) Though I'd love to see the Pegasus get the Galactica treatment!!! Though I doubt SJ's ready for another huge project yet. :)

theo

I'm still not sure witch one my next ship to build is.
So I cant make a
choice what to build, sure cant tell whats next for you to do.
Let's
say, sjsquirrel surprise us.

P

paulhbell

I'd like to see a colonial one designed and built, in scale with the new big G.

jaffro

Long term member
I'm not a huge fan of the new series, and I haven't even begun to make any of these models, but if you want a suggestion for what to do next, I'd have to say Colonial One in scale with the Big G seems like a good choice. From what I have seen of the new series, those two ships play the biggest part. (mind you I've only seen about the first half of season one).

Other than that, as a huge fan of the original series, I would KILL for a large scale original Viper with all the trimmings. :D

Gearz

Maybe Sj ~ But i still recon the 'clean up' can be harder than creating them. Max points regardless..

Developers / Mesh Modders lament ~

Hokey Pokey ~ You put your left Tex IN, and you put your left Tex OUT, then you put your left Tex IN and you churn it all about.!!!

:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.