Think Jays Galactica is lonely, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothing

Longtime Member
Sep 13, 2006
yankee44.webs.com
almost gemini traveler

i am almost done with mine. i put landing struts on it. this kit is a perfect size.
everyone whants bigger models all the time and i dont have room for those!

geminitraveler001.jpg

Gomidefilho

Jan 12, 2007
Brazil - Porto Alegre - RS
My Y Wing - scale 1/72

Hello friends!

I am showing my last project of long duration (Three Months) my Y Wing. :thumb:

The model I download of here: jazyk/language

Although the textures and the general level of the model are very good and come from the excellent add ons for the game X Wing Alliance, the paper model has some small adjustment problems and a total absence of fitting in the wings and naceles.

YWingFinal40.jpg

YWingFinal41.jpg

YWingFinal36.jpg

Several internal reinforcements in wood were used haul of the model was completely modified, with a great number of added details, as panels, devices, piping, I used copper, and electronic threads basically, clips, pins and different paper thickness to produce those details.

YWingFinal42.jpg

YWingFinal43.jpg

YWingFinal46.jpg

YWingFinal45.jpg

The panels came basically of more two impression sets. For who wants to accompany the whole process of assembly of Y Wing visits here: Spacedock Ficção -> Y Wing Star Wars - Costumização

This is a small Brazilian forum on science fiction models, he is unhappily just in Portuguese, but I believe that the pictures give an idea of the making of this
project.

YWingFinal32.jpg

YWingFinal34.jpg

YWingFinal27.jpg

Cheers! sign1

Elliott

Jul 18, 2006
Wow! :eek: Nice work guy!! Looks good enough to be one of the movie props. Wish I could do that kind of detail work but my fingers & eyes just won't cooperate anymore.

Thanks for all the pictures too. :thumb:

Elliott :mrgreen:

sjsquirrel

Feb 9, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
stevebondy.ca
How did it go?

i am almost done with mine. i put landing struts on it. this kit is a perfect size.
everyone whants bigger models all the time and i dont have room for those!

Thanks for the photo. It's neat to see a model I helped to get out there actually assembled by someone.

How did the assembly go? If you have any suggestions for improvements let me know.

I sent the PDO of the Colonial Shuttle to skupilkinson today for final rework and layout. I'm working on the Heavy Raider mesh now. After that I've got to get back to my previous project, but I'll putter with the colonial liner in between. And oh, yeah, I've still got to build stuff too wall1. Why do I do this to myself?

Bye for now,

SJ

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Yeah, I have the shuttle. It's my daughter birthday today so I may not get to start it until tomorrow. :)

Nothing

Longtime Member
Sep 13, 2006
yankee44.webs.com
the kit was great. the only problems i had were self created with recesing panels.if someone will send me a clean 3d model ill try my hand at one.
all my projects go on hold when new battlestar models come out!!:)

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Nothing, which one would you like? I have the fleet in 3DS. So I can send a ship and it's textures to you. It'll need cleaning up in Pepakura or Meta as they all have intersection. PM me your email and I'll get one to you.

I've been tinkering with the Colonial Shuttle. I'm just finishing off the engine pods and piping and it'll be done. I think, I'll recheck it all when I get there.

Here's a pic:
Image1.jpg

I've done this larger than SJ's Geminon Traveller. This is to my taste so if you guys want it smaller then let me know and I'll do 2 versions. It's just these textures are so damn good I think we may as well make the most of that and be able to see them when the model is done.

I'm even thinking of redoing the Pegasus and Big G using the new version of Pepakura so we get to see the textures in a higher resolution?? Allowing for the models to be resized and built bigger?

Gomidefilho

Jan 12, 2007
Brazil - Porto Alegre - RS
Thank you very much! People!:mrgreen::thumb:

Their words are a great incentive for me, I have projects of doing that with all of the small ships of Star Wars saga, in this first stage I intend to build all the fighters of the Alliance through this process. The site Swpm.ic.cz has a lot of thing that can be used what saves time in extracting the models of X Wing Alliance and other games.:cool:sign1

Cheers!!!!

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
LOL! That's funny. It is in the fleet pack. I was thinking of sending that one to you anyway when you said you didn't mind which one you'd do. It's one of the bigger ships.

I'm not sure about the intersection on that one, can you clean it up if it has? I can't see, unless I fiddle around in Meta'?

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
What scratchbuilds have you got going? One of mine is a 3foot Sulaco from Aliens. I've since decided to do that one in paper at some point.

The Defender is Ok to just unfold straight away, as I said in the email, it's clean already. You got lucky with that one.

Nothing

Longtime Member
Sep 13, 2006
yankee44.webs.com
i got a republic acclimater, probot, and a 4 foot new galactica started. i had plans for a bunch more but having children put a temperary halt to it.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
I know what you mean. I have three. I'm a full time dad so you'd think being at home meant I have time to build. Not a chance! LOL.

4ft Galactica? That would be a monster!!

Status
Not open for further replies.