Think Jays Galactica is lonely, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjsquirrel

Truespace easy to get going?

my first intro into 3D modelling was Truespace. It took a while but I found it pretty easy to get going.

Then you're a genius my friend. I downloaded and install 3.2 just for the sake of experimenting and trying something new. I found a tutorial, got as far as insert a cube, click the scale tool, then couldn't find a way to make anything happen. I can click the Edit Point menu, select a point, then can't do a darn thing with it. I try clicking a dragging, right-clicking, left-clicking, holding my head sideways and clicking, muttering incantations ;) and clickin and draggin, and nothin happens.

How anybody ever got anywhere with the program is beyond me.

Steve

Nothing

Longtime Member
i thought id give you guys an idea as to why its taking me so long to finish the mining ship.

ms 002.jpg
ms 001.jpg

and here i finished the landing claws..a rotten job but the thumbs kept getting in the way.

ms 003.jpg

Master-Bruce

Then you're a genius my friend. I downloaded and install 3.2 just for the sake of experimenting and trying something new. I found a tutorial, got as far as insert a cube, click the scale tool, then couldn't find a way to make anything happen. I can click the Edit Point menu, select a point, then can't do a darn thing with it. I try clicking a dragging, right-clicking, left-clicking, holding my head sideways and clicking, muttering incantations ;) and clickin and draggin, and nothin happens.

How anybody ever got anywhere with the program is beyond me.

Steve

Really? I'm surprised. The first version I tired was version 2. It was free on a CDROM that came with a magazine. I had no tutorials, just playing with it. Making a tank, then a jet and so on. They weren't very good but they got me going. Then I got 3.2 which is very similar, the interface is pretty much exactly the same as ver2. It suits my needs and I guess I'm stuck in my ways now to change to anything else.

Nothing, you sir are a glutton for punishment! I know you like smaller models and need to have them because of space, but, I'm surprised you don't have constant eye strain! LOL!

Looks great though, you're doing a great job. As usual. :)

As for getting Pep into PaintShop Pro? I use the PDF driver to print the high res pages into a PDF as I showed you before. Then open the PDF and use the Snapshot/copy to clipboard function to get the image into PaintShop by pasting the copied image as a new image in PaintShop.

Then texture it as needed. That's what I did with the bridge models I did. They were all completely textured post unfold. My Sulaco, will be done the same way.

Hope that helps. :)

Nothing

Longtime Member
i have photo shop elements.cant afford pro.when i do the snapshot thing i lose all resolution.i did stumble on exporting pepakura as a bmp for texture. get a nice high res parts layout ready for texture.

Master-Bruce

That's another way with version 2 if you have the full program. Otherwise you get "SAMPLE" printed all over each page!

I use PaintShopPro8, not Photoshop. I know Photoshop uis superior but I can't afford that.

smyfe

More Ships

Hi guys, I just want to say thank you for the fantastic job you are doing:thumb:. I don't know if you have seen this site, but there are some cool designs:mrgreen:
Battlestar Galactica
If you click on the highlighted text it brings up some great drawings:wave:

theo

For those who are going to do a newer version of the Galactica.
And for some good detail images from the Refineryship.
Go and have a look here.

Paul Ghezzo

Welcome to PGCG.net

This site contains the professional work of Paul P. Ghezzo. Including 3D graphics, models, animation, compositing, and concept designs. Please take a couple of minutes and view my portfolio, demo-reel, and resume.

- Thank you.

Just scroll down and get amazed.

theo

Thats going quite alright.:thumb:
Normally Tuesday evening my wife has painting class, I work on that (except last evening)

I was more afraid you would ask about the 3d and the Berzerk.
That modeling is more difficult than i thought, it's not putting all the jpg's of the ship together like a box and connect points.
Thats the way I should do it in AutoCAD. But the 3D programs don't read a jpg file.
But I'll figer that one out.wall1

Master-Bruce

Glad it's going well. :)

Yeah, designing can be tricky. Especially if you're new to it. I still learn something new each time I design something.

That link you posted was great!

Nothing

Longtime Member
platform ship

the small version of the platform ship should be up as soon as approved. i still have to number the large one. i dont know if ill redo the instructions.you should be able to figure it out with the small one.

Nothing

Longtime Member
as an aside, i printed out some liners today.even the small one is not so small. i printed 2 sheets per page to get an 8" model.

Master-Bruce

I think the small Liner is meant to be 30cm long? 12" but I could be mistaken, that was SJ's baby.

I'll grab the big versions when I'm over my dads place next. Probably the weekend.

sjsquirrel

You crazy?

I think the small Liner is meant to be 30cm long? 12" but I could be mistaken, that was SJ's baby.

I'll grab the big versions when I'm over my dads place next. Probably the weekend.

It was designed to be about 18" (exactly half the size of the large one). I wouldn't want to build it at 2 pages per sheet.

nothing, you're amazing!

SJ

Status
Not open for further replies.