Think Jays Galactica is lonely, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjsquirrel

Gemini Traveller unfolded

I've finished unfolding the Gemini Traveller. I just need to do up some quick instructions for a couple of the parts that have more complex folds. Probably be later this week - busy day tomorrow, then a couple evenings to do up the instructions.

Stay tuned.

Steve

Master-Bruce

Outstanding!! I'm up for tackling one. I think it's called the Colonial Shuttle? The ship they use to travel from ship to ship aside from the Raptor. I'd also like to see the Astral Queen so if it's ready and de-intersected(?) I'll do that one too.

BSG ASTRAL QUEENt.jpg

BSG COLONIAL SHUTTLEt.jpg

I have the original mesh pack, have done for a while but I suck at editing meshes to illiminate intersection.

Paragon

Definitely looking forward to these models! I'm really anticipating that Heavy Raider...can you do it next SJsquirrel?

Master-Bruce

Well, if Jwhawk04 takes care of the intersection I don't mind working in tandem with sjsquirrel to unfold the models??

There are loads of them to cover that Jay hasn't done yet. There are even fleet ships that we don't really see that often in the show. Plus, the colonial liners such as the Olympic Carrier have multiple textures so we can do them all.

Maybe we should ask Jay which ones he's covering for his next release so no-one clashes??

Here's a fleet chart I did last year using these meshes. You can see just how many ships there are.
Fleett.jpg

Master-Bruce

Ok, while I'm waiting to hear on the shuttle and the Astral Queen. I'll make a start on the Heavy Raider.

I'm downloading it now so I'll have some news later tonight.

Master-Bruce

I can't unfold the Heavy Raider yet. There's still alot of internal intersection. Too much really for it to be assembled and just trimmed.

Does any body here know how to deal with this problem?

Master-Bruce

I've just discovered that the new version of Pepakura can edit meshes so you can use the program itself to sort out the intersection, or at least a large part of it.

Now I have a new problem, the program crashes periodically and I can't save my work as I don't have the password to release the restraints. I don't have the means to buy the password.

So it looks like we're dependant on someone who has the full prgram to sort out the intersection again.

I'll still unfold the meshes with the older version of pepakura as I can "save" using that one.

Is anyone else on board to take some weight off jwhawk?

sjsquirrel

Cool

I've just discovered that the new version of Pepakura can edit meshes so you can use the program itself to sort out the intersection, or at least a large part of it.

Now I have a new problem, the program crashes periodically and I can't save my work as I don't have the password to release the restraints. I don't have the means to buy the password.

So it looks like we're dependant on someone who has the full program to sort out the intersection again.

I'll still unfold the meshes with the older version of pepakura as I can "save" using that one.

Is anyone else on board to take some weight off jwhawk?

If you have the old one registered can't you get the password for the new one? I bought version one shortly before version 2 was released and they just emailed me the new password. I have the same problem with version 2 crashing regularly, but as long as you save every couple minutes it's fine.

I didn't know you could do edits right in Pepakura. :thumb: I have registered versions of both Pepakura and Meta and am equally comfortable with both programs. I can clean up the raider mesh next and send it to you, while I work on the colonial liner - I like that one :mrgreen:.

SJ

Master-Bruce

I like the liner too, I once scratchbuilt a 36" model of it (not from paper).

Yeah that'd be cool. We can start getting these out there

sjsquirrel

Gemini Traveller, Release 1

Here it is folks. The Gemini Traveller is the first off the mark. I haven't tried building it yet but I'm sure it will build just fine. It seems slightly smaller than I anticipated, and there are some small, fiddly parts.

I discovered a problem with one of the parts in the original unfold and had to go back to the mesh to fix it up. I found there were additional parts that hadn't been included, so I added those in to give a nicely detailed model, but left things so that the detail pieces were mostly optional. Some of them are quite small, so if you feel like a challenge you can go for it, and if not, you still have a nice model.

Use some black cord or string, stiffened with glue for the pipe-like pieces at the rear. I wouldn't try the funky paper folding required on those pieces, but I included them again for those that like a challenge.

The attached zip contains both the model and the assembly guide (a quick and dirty one). Please email me with any feedback you have. I'm perfectly willing to update it and release an improved version.

Download here

Skupilkinson, please email me off-list and we can coordinate our activities directly. I think that will be more efficient. If I followed the previous exchanges correctly you are waiting for me to get you the cleaned up raider mesh, and I will work on the colonial liner.

TTFN

SJ

Nothing

Longtime Member
just printed mine out. looks awsome! thanks for the kit!! been waiting long time for more battlestar models!!!!!!!!:woot1:

Master-Bruce

Thanks guys, I'll have a look to see what pics I still have. I've since sold it to a friend. It was 1/350 scale which made it around 30" if I remember right. I never painted it as it was originally a master for a resin garage kit but that fell through so I primed it and sold it as a one off.

SJSquirel, I've sent a PM. I'd prefer to start with the colonial shuttle. If you don't have the mesh I can send it in 3DS?

sjsquirrel

Doesn't look like it

I don't suppose that Bridge Commander pack comes with the Resurrection ship, does it?

I don't see any names like that in the list. Look back to post 24 and see if you see it on the chart. There are 25 ships in total, some of which have a number of color schemes. The names in the pack aren't always descriptive (for me at least - I've only ever seen a couple episodes of the new BSG).

SJ

Master-Bruce

The decriptions are meaningful but yes, only if you've seen the show quite a bit to know the ship names or types. They're shortened so that may be why they appear not to make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.