Think Jays Galactica is lonely, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master-Bruce

Shiops??? I meant ships of course. ;)

I was a little disappointed to see that they were ships of the original series. Various battlestars, which were basically the same ship only with different names. The reason I'm not keen on TOS game meshes is that-and I don't mean to sound nasty here- is that no-one seems to put much effort into texturing the meshes.

Take these new series meshes we're using, Coxxon, put a lot of effort into those textures and as a result our models look great.

I was happy to see the Armistice Station there though. :)

Nothing

Longtime Member
well i know its tos but its a fantastic design. ill send the mesh your way see what u can do with it.:thumb:

Master-Bruce

It is a nice ship. Nothing, what was the poly count on the mesh? Just curious because it;s quite a curvy ship.

I've just got the Celestra from SJ, I'll start that later today so soon there'll be another addition to our fleet. :) Alot of detail on this one compared to some of the other ships. Should look nice.

Nothing

Longtime Member
srry bout the migraine skip, as a long time sufferer myself you have my heart felt sympathy. i usually pass out from the pain.

i sent the mesh to Sj he'll work on it at some point in the future it is a horribly complex mesh.

Gomidefilho

Not even downloaded them yet. Try sending a PM to the author Gomidefilho.

This thread is dedicated to ships of the new series. The meshes we're using are all from one ship pack so we'd like to try and keep the thread on topic.

No offense. :)

He excuses guys, he didn't know that it was not to post those models here, as they had asked of Basestar of the old series thought it would be nice. :thumb: Many models as Celestra, Minning Ship, Colonial Movers, Gemini Freighter, Astral Queen and Agroship are of the Original series. :mrgreen:
They spoke in Thread on which are better of the two series. I like the two, but as I attended when child begins us of the eighties the original series I like her more for a nostalgia subject.:twisted:

I still have more two ready models but that am building Western Alliance Destroyer and the original shuttle but when it finishes I post in separate threads.:wave:

Sorry!

Cheers

Master-Bruce

Gomidefilho, No budy. My apologies, although we're trying to keep the thread on topic for the new series ships. It was wrong of me to jump in like that, after re-reading my comments, I see how I may have come across as a tad harsh.

The models are BSG regardless of the era and shouldn't have been treated as an entire different subject.

I'm sorry. :)

Good to hear Nothing, my dad loves TOD Galactica so he may appreciate that model when the time comes. :)

Migraine is still with me but has died down a bit. I'll live. :)

Nothing

Longtime Member
hey skupilkinson,
theres nothing youve said that is harsh. this is a long thread and i agree we need to try and stay focused or it will be hard to follow. but thats not saying were not interested in what everyone has to say or contribute. i know i look at all the threads on this forum.

P

paulhbell

It was me that asked for the original base star, so Skip has no need to apologise. I took the thread of topic, sorry. Keep up the good work guys, but don't burn out. Sounds like Skip need's a rest.

Master-Bruce

Thanks guys. Paul, no need to apologise either. These things happen in the forums right? Someone reads a thread,it makes them think of something else and they say so. It's called conversation I think. LOL :)

I was just saying sorry for my slight over-reaction.

I'm a tough cookie, I'm back on track now. I have a few things on my plate now is all. I'm doing these BSG ships which I'm lovin'! Then I have an X-Jet project too which I'm equally excited about. Then of course there's the Olympic Carrier build.

Plus, I like to be around for my family too. So many balls, not enough hands to juggle them with. LOL

If I had a wish, it would be for an extra 10hrs to the day, each day. That would make me very happy. :) Especially since I've had an idea for a Stargate ship I'd like to do, the Goa 'uld Hatak. Just one more ball. :)

Hey Nothing, any news on your next build? You must spend a fortune on ink dude?! I'm about to try one of those ink refill kits I got from TESCO a while back.

Nothing

Longtime Member
lol.. ive been working on the start of a line of stargate models. Hatek was second on my list. ill bump that one off.
i use an epson printer so ink isnt too bad scince i can change individual colors as they run out.
you can get those extra 10 hours a day if you do like me and sleep every 3rd day or so.lol

Dracofunk

Hey I just wanted to let you know that you are all doing wonderful work here. I joined the forum about the same time you started this project and have been following ever since. I wish there was some way I could contribute but I'm not very good with 3-d programs, and I need about an extra 10 hrs. a day too. Again thank you all for your hard work.

Dracofunk

Dyna-Soar

Gomidefilho, No budy. My apologies, although we're trying to keep the thread on topic for the new series ships. It was wrong of me to jump in like that, after re-reading my comments, I see how I may have come across as a tad harsh.

The models are BSG regardless of the era and shouldn't have been treated as an entire different subject.

I'm sorry. :)

Good to hear Nothing, my dad loves TOD Galactica so he may appreciate that model when the time comes. :)

Migraine is still with me but has died down a bit. I'll live. :)

The original Cylon basestar is shown briefly during one of the razor flashbacks.

YouTube - Battlestar Galactica : Razor - Flashback 3

Master-Bruce

Nothing, you go for the Hatak if you like. I'm not too bothered, I remember reading members here saying they'd like one so I thought I'd oblige. If it's on your list then go for it buddy. :)

Master-Bruce

Guys,the Celstra is now unfolded!! For those of you who've been waiting for this, the wait is almost over. I've just got to number the parts, and add part numbers to the instruction pages that SJ did.

Again, SJ did a great job of cleaning this puppy, you won't be disappointed as this is probably the most detiled ship of the entre pack!! :)

Here's a sneaky peaky:
Image1.jpg

Taking a short recess now to get some more done on the Olympic Carrier. That's shaping up nicely too. :)

Master-Bruce

It's getting pretty quiet in this thread lately. I've numbered the parts now, just got to add those numbers to the instructions. I'm about half way through that. :)

Back to the Carrier for a little while. I'm nearing the end now! :) Woohoo!

Master-Bruce

Ok. The Celestra is done. I just have to compress the files then I'll upload them to the download section.

They'll probably be up in an hour or so. Need to eat. :)

Nothing

Longtime Member
i wonder if any one else is building these. it be great to see them if they are.i know im in in barely contained excitement for each one. your carrier thread is rammping up the tension for those who cant get it yet.lol!

Master-Bruce

I bet. I feel really lucky to be the only one to try this puppy out. It won't be long now before everyone gets it.

I'm lovin' the build and I'm sure anyone else will. Whether they go for the BIG or small version, this is a fantastic model.

I'm moving onto the other engines tonight. You can see that pylon/mounting on the center of the back end? That's the engine I'm building now, get that on then onto the side main engines. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.