Thieves Among Us (Please Read)

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by exzealot, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

You are not serious are you?

John John
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Regardless of if he downloaded it or uploaded it he is still knowingly distributing links to pirated models and participating in pirate activities.
  3. LoguS

LoguS New Member

I am Lotarius

I am not a pirate. I have never been a pirate. Mistakes electronic translator. :-( You are not friends, you'll kill me for helping you. Goodbye, we do not understand each other.
    I wish all the best to you and your Zealot Hobby Forum
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

You say you downloaded a pirate model, you shared a link to the pirate file here. However I do understand the language barrier. I have not reported you yet and given this message I will not unless given further reason. Your behavior is nothing like the other persons so I was not as alarmed by your messages. If you wish to discuss further please do so. However given the language barrier you may want to stay out of controversial topics unless you know the translation is good. I will PM you in a few minutes to discuss options.
  5. LoguS

LoguS New Member

I have the same problem. I am a 3D architect. Pirates steal my work. I want to eliminate the pirates. I wanted to show that in my country it is impossible to eradicate piracy. Any author's model can be found in the free download. Bad e-translator, makes mistakes.
    I'm sorry, I do not know how to speak English
  6. bukkyball

bukkyball Englishman in the Hague

I thought that I would at least do something positive and bought the model today. Good work deserves to be supported (And the model is awesome BTW)
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

8. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Ummm the threat of interference in the operation of this forum and/or server is enough to have his ISP ban him from his service up to possible jail time depending on the local laws.

Downloading a file or even hosting an illegal file is a drop in the bucket compared to that.

Internet crime such as that is much more serious.

WHY are you letting a previously banned member re-register with a different name???? That is another offense, forum-wise. Stop giving these muppets a voice.
  9. And on and on and on...

Evil will never be defeated by good works
    It will only be defeated by good behaviour

Therfore if you want to ever win this battle you must do so through education and the desire to do what is right. Locks are to keep honest people honest the dishonist will get in anyway. So why not focus all this enrgy in helping the forum understand the harm done through this piracy. I am sure many have learned already do stop willingly because they didn't see anything wrong in it. Now they know otherwise.

"You can't negotiate with a terroist"
  10. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I know ... that is why I am asking the admins to stop tolerating these muppets.

They have their own forum, let them mew over there. I got a PM from someone stating that I am the head person who deleted their files or something like that. It's rather funny that they think that. I don't run the hosting sites so I don't know how I am supposed to do that. If these kiddies think I did then so be it. lol.
  11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I no longer believe him to be a pirate (logus), I believe its a communication failure and not understanding posting ettiquette.

I like it when the pirates post here so please dont stop them. I find it rather entertaining!
  12. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I don't consider him a pirate. I consider him a parasite. A parasite who lives off of the scans that others steal. He supports a bunch of users who would sell each other out at the drop of a hat if the heat was at his door. They claim to be friends but when the sh*t hits the fan ... it would be every muppet for themselves.
  13. I don't know why I keep coming back to this. Why don't they move this thread to Bitches and Gripes. I think it has overstayed it's welcome here. I just want to model. So I won't beback here again. Iwill let you guys just continute to get all heated up over something you can't control.
  14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

good idea! moved :)
  15. Good

Good A different person

Some comments

I have a small problem...well I have may small problems and several big ones. But when it comes to this thread I have only a small one...or several the issues keeps popping up.

How can cgutzmer be moderator or even in any kind of admin role on the that not some kind of conflict...he is owning a site which is peddeling card-models...I sure feel bad about that.

Of course the downloaders break copyrights...and steal...but come on... me statistics on lost sales due to some youngsters from eastern
    europe, with some support with more grown ups Europeans and Americans...several from this forum...sharing models. I have been into these filesharing sites and looked on the statistics for the files...we are
    talking 100-200 downloaders...out of which I guess none would been a customer.

I guess it's like the record and filmindustry, no real prof excists that
    neither record nor film have been effected by downloading. What has happened is that the amount of media out there have increased so much
    so people can not keep lost sales on records have been increasing sales of films. You know...most people are on a budget.

I guess that most on this forum have downloaded someting from the net
    which the should not have done (MP3, books, drawings, pictures etc.) so
    do not be so sanctimonious. Come down from your high horses and build your models and let the guys that have the commercial intrest (e.g. cgutzmer) do what they want...somewhere else. I thought that this was
    the place for people to meet and share builds and other paper model stuff.
    Now the site is hijacked by some holier then hole paper model mob themself selling and distributing models.

I have chosen to make these comments from a new ID as I do not trust the freedom of speach here...even if you follow site rules. Somebody
    can probably trace me, and will probably do because it's as always - You have to get back on anybody that are not mainstream...

Lot's of love,

16. ml5716111

ml5716111 Guest

Such activity, card models piracy, has nothing to do with love, except narcissism and egoism. Don't you think that choosing this user name tells something about you, twisting things around.

From my point of view, the quantity of lost sales is not the issue. When I started with distribution, I did it for the love of the hobby, hoping to let other people enjoy BUILDING card models. The issue is HONESTY, FREE LUNCHES - living on other peoples' hard work. Which obviously, you knoq nothing and care nothing about.

17. Good

Good A different person

Sorry Moshe...but I have never downloaded a model in my life...
    So do not go that way...

But I see things a bit different...why not give the downloaders their
    free lunch and focus on what we should do...
    If we are right the lunch might come up again...

I still have a problem with the activity of the "sales people" here...perhaps
    you should establishe your own forum..."The cardmodel producers Forum" from where you should lead your battles...not use the modelers forum for
    your futile battle.

Sorry for having a differing view of things...and your reaction was like a mail in the post...exactly what could be waited!!!

And love is all around us and even paper model sharers are people with lives that needs thinking about.

So while we all do everything according to the book this weekend, as we of course are doing because we know best and are zealot members (at least for now) it with love.

18. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

What right have these muppets earned to download for free what honest people have paid for???? What have they done to deserve free models???? Is it because they slaved over a hot keyboard for hours on end upping files to sharing sites that they downloaded over P2P????

That's not work, you have no idea what real work is, you and your own are just pissed because good citizens got up into cab of your truck loaded loaded with your stolen goods and drove off with it, back to it's rightful owners.

Activity??? For selling there works??? Have you not seen the list of free models available??? Your even 'stealing' those as well by upping them to hosting sites as well. Even this is considered pathetic, like having a plate of cookies with a sign on it 'Please take one' and you take the whole goddamn plate!!! Don't dictate what we do on our forum just because your forum is setup for stealing anything and everything digital.

When you steal. Your inconsiderate, why would any of us think about your well being.

Love is being unselfish. When your stealing from people, that is selfishness.

Get a damn dictionary and some principles.
  19. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

sooooo, no one should let people know about new kits that are out?
    we should do away with the designers corner? or the new kits section? or the internet finds?

for only 2 posts your contribution to the hobby is pretty lame.
  20. sneaker

sneaker Member

The burden of proof is on show us that it does not cause lost sales, then we can talk statistics....:eek:

Soo...Is this your justification? I am on a budget so I am going to steal? Go out and steal something from your local store, and be sure to do it outright, and then use this excuse......:cool: Some countries will cut your hands off if you are caught stealing.:flush1:

Perhaps, and perhaps not. How does it validate the here and now.

Does this mean you have been on this forum for awhile..under another guise? Then you know that challenging the sharing of protected works, has always been part of this community as well as other paper modeling forums.

I pay for my lunch..does that make me sanctimonious? So be it, I purchased the model in question, I AM ON A BUDGET!!!!announce1.

Than that is truly your problem and not ours!!! We have a forum for designers wanting to share, and or sell their models.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.