They're everywhere, man!!!! Kill the bugs!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by movieman, May 6, 2011.

1. movieman

movieman Member

Hi all,

Yup it's me again with some new unfolds.... this time from the world of AvP. As you can see in the photos I have done a life sized (40" long) Alien head for any costume makers out there. The download link is below.:thumb: I have made a start on the rib cage area next. I have not unfolded any teeth as these are better made in another material, I have added a couple of mouth muscels, but these are only a support and guidence on the mouth, best cut out after building and making rubber ones. I recommend fibreglassing the inside and on the out side you smooth on coloured bath silicone (about 3 or 4 layers, allow each layer the dry first) for high lights mix silicone and paint together and the add paint thinner to create a wash coat. Use artist oil paints to mix with clear bath silicone sealant.

Hope you like it.

Download link:

2. atomgas

atomgas New Member

Very cool!!!!
  3. MTK

MTK Active Member

Nice. Good to see new models and watching modelers expand their horizons.:thumb:
  4. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

You just keep cranking them out, Movieman... :thumb:
  5. etopsirhc

etopsirhc n00b with ideas,Bad combo

at first glance of the title i thought this would be a thread about the star ship trooper bugs XD

thats some mean detail though since it looks like its meant to be a mask are u gonna add in the inner jaw so that it can really pop out quickly?
  6. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Wow, that really is cool!
  7. MTK

MTK Active Member

Do you have any plans to do a textured version? I noticed in another thread that you are texturing models now. This would look great with textures.:thumb:

8. skoda

skoda Genius Designer Master Builder

can not download, please refresh
  9. hall120

hall120 New Member

Incredible!! i don´t think I would be able to do that but i give it a try ;) thanks
  10. MTK

MTK Active Member

I'd still love to see a textured version of this, that would totally rock.