They Found One! They Found One!

ozzy

[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Scientists were shocked to find what is believed to be the first known female railfan. "This destroys every theory we've had about the species," said one anthropologist. The woman, a swimsuit model and avid train watcher, was found lurking around Amtrak's Beach Cove maintenance shops with a camera and notepad. One witness heard her quoting from The Diesel Spotter's Guide.
Anthropologists having discovered a living female railfan, apparently the first ever, Cherry Allen, 21. She was at first suspected of being a clever fake. Extensive clinical testing proved her to be an actual genetic female and a timetable-carrying member of the railfan community. Ms. Allen was able to answer a series of complex questions concerning the motive power roster of the Pennsylvania Railroad prior to 1950. She is also tall, slender and very attractive. When not out railfanning or working as a swimsuit model, Ms. Allen enjoys watching sports on TV and scratchbuilding superdetailed O Scale modern diesel locomotives or repainting an Overland model a “friend” donated to run on her latest layout. In a recent interview, this blue-eyed blond from the sunny beaches of Las Vegas confessed she is "still looking for that special someone." Who is her ideal man? "Well," she said, "A guy who loves spending afternoons lounging in the hot tub and reading old issues of Trains magazine."
The discovery has stunned many. One man expressed surprise, commenting, "This means I have a chance at finding a girlfriend who won't make fun of me and my trains. An admittedly pretty small chance, but still…"

wish my wife was like that!.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

ScottyB

Last year when the Milwaukee Road 261 came to town, I wasn't able to go, so my wife volunteered to go and take video. She talked with some of the old fogeys there, and then the steam train came rumbing by.

She's been a railfan ever since, and can't wait for the 261 to come again this year!

Scott

Very interesting story, but extremely hard to read. How come it came out on my screen in black type, when nothing else does?

ozzy

Dave Flinn said:
Very interesting story, but extremely hard to read. How come it came out on my screen in black type, when nothing else does?

its purple, thats the color it was when i found it, i just cut and pasted it.

i will see if i can find the link for it later, theres all kinds of train jokes there. got to go to train club now tho.

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif]Scientists were shocked to find what is believed to be the first known female railfan. "This destroys every theory we've had about the species," said one anthropologist. The woman, a swimsuit model and avid train watcher, was found lurking around Amtrak's Beach Cove maintenance shops with a camera and notepad. One witness heard her quoting from The Diesel Spotter's Guide.
Anthropologists having discovered a living female railfan, apparently the first ever, Cherry Allen, 21. She was at first suspected of being a clever fake. Extensive clinical testing proved her to be an actual genetic female and a timetable-carrying member of the railfan community. Ms. Allen was able to answer a series of complex questions concerning the motive power roster of the Pennsylvania Railroad prior to 1950. She is also tall, slender and very attractive. When not out railfanning or working as a swimsuit model, Ms. Allen enjoys watching sports on TV and scratchbuilding superdetailed O Scale modern diesel locomotives or repainting an Overland model a “friend” donated to run on her latest layout. In a recent interview, this blue-eyed blond from the sunny beaches of Las Vegas confessed she is "still looking for that special someone." Who is her ideal man? "Well," she said, "A guy who loves spending afternoons lounging in the hot tub and reading old issues of Trains magazine."
The discovery has stunned many. One man expressed surprise, commenting, "This means I have a chance at finding a girlfriend who won't make fun of me and my trains. An admittedly pretty small chance, but still…"
[/FONT]

Hey!! There is a typo in this one, and goodie for me!!!!
Amtrak doesn't have Beach Cove shops, they have Beech Grove shops. Beech Grove is a suburb of Indy, and that puts her in my back yard!!! Hot dog!!! Oh, no, wait..... I', already married! Mine likes trains too, but not like the one in the post! I can scout around for her though if anyone is interested!!