The World of the BAY - E-bay that is!

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
One of my peeves is when a seller lists an engine as being a "C-10" or "C-9" then mentions it has been "test run" only in his description.I'm sorry,but if it has been out of the box and used in any way it should not be listed as a "C-10" or "C-9".Besides is their really such a thing as a "C-10" anything?I mean your pretty much just ASSUMING it's "C-10" so unless you actually take it out of the box how would you know that?And if you did that it wouldn't be a "C-10" anyways would it?

I just bought a BLI UP AC6000CW w/sound for $150 from a guy on E-Bay and he had it as "C-8" because he had test run it while some of his other engines are listed as "C-7" because he ran them for an hour or so which I think could be listed as "C-8" in my opinion.He has stellar feedback,100% and hundreds of transactions and I found it refreshing that someone was honest when describing his engines.

One of the worst though is when someone describes an old Tyco freight car as "Rare" just because he's had it for 20 years,Give me a break:rolleyes:!

Chris

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
CRed said:
One of the worst though is when someone describes an old Tyco freight car as "Rare" just because he's had it for 20 years,Give me a break:rolleyes:!
That one is always my favorite as well.
You see great big letters in the heading- "RARE"
And there are 15 or 20 auctions above and below it for the exact same item. :D

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
railohio said:
The mis-marked items are the best, though! Had it been parted out and each item listed separately there's no way I'd have picked any of it up. For the price though, I was willing to take a chance and the risk payed of wonderfully.

Bought a box lot like that...just had this feeling about an item in one of the pictures. For $26 I picked up a lot that included a Sagami conversion kit for an MDC HOn3 loco. Got $75 for it two weeks later, not to mention another $45 for other things in the lot...and I still had cool things left over. The best advice I give folks is "Sell only what you know and know what you're buying"