The World of Plaster

wendell

P

I use plaster cloth then add a layer of joint compound with my earth color water base paint mix it . drys over nite and if I need to I add another layer . that way the plaster is colored all the way through with earth color

Edavillenut

plaster

i use Dap plaster of paris. it has a seting time of about 30 minutes and it takes paint well. i have tried the screen and i used aluminum window screen it works great and you can sort of see what it will look like when it is covered with plaster soaked paper towels.

Originally posted by 60103
Usually when using screen you don't use strips. Cut a piece big enough to cover the whole area and then push it up and down to the shape needed. Usually support underneath with scrap wood and such.
Watch out for sharp wires, especially on recycled rusty metal screen. Anyone know which screen works today with the various plastic and aluminum and ??? types?

Sorry it took so long to reply, I,ve been on the road a few days, thank you for the advise on using screen as a base for the mountain, and the safety precautions. I'm not quite to that stage yet, but have printed your instructions, and will re-read when ready. :) :)