The workbench blah's

Well i know the summer months can be bad on the workbench. Makes for a great clutter catcher:cry:. So they need to be cleaned occasionally.

Before
Workbench%20before.JPG

After
Workbench%20After.JPG

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
My layout is looking the same way.

I just haven't had the ambition to work on it lately and it's becoming a catch all for everything in the house. :cry:

I finally got ambitious enough to clean it off at least enough to run some trains this morning.

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
I used to have everything out on my layout where I could get to it but now that I am covering more and more of the layout with scenery, there is less and less room for supplies. The few unsceniced areas left are looking really congested with "stuff." I only wish I had a dedicated workbench!

woodone

I used to have everything out on my layout where I could get to it but now that I am covering more and more of the layout with scenery, there is less and less room for supplies. The few unsceniced areas left are looking really congested with "stuff." I only wish I had a dedicated workbench!

Well if your like me-- The deciated workbench becomes a deciated catch all.:cry:
I have to clean mine up every once in a while so I can find things.:curse:
I bet your a better house keeper than myself. sign1

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
I bet your a better house keeper than myself.
I have to be as my layout has taken over a major portion of the Dining room. One of the conditions of that hostile takeover was that I keep it neat and presentable at all times!:mrgreen: Sometimes we teeter on the brink of just what exactly neat and presentable really means! Someday I'll have my own room for the trains like you guys have got.

nkp174

I have to be as my layout has taken over a major portion of the Dining room. One of the conditions of that hostile takeover was that I keep it neat and presentable at all times!:mrgreen: Sometimes we teeter on the brink of just what exactly neat and presentable really means! Someday I'll have my own room for the trains like you guys have got.

That reminds me of a very nice article in MR around 10 years ago...it was a purty HOn3 layout with a backdrop that could be rolled up to reveal the backyard through the large windows directly above the layout.

Currently my model railroad storage is divided between my workbench, a bookshelf near my workbench, my 3rd floor, and my china cabinet! Currently my china & crystal are sharing their home with a British 0-6-0 (and train), German 2-10-2, an NKP 4-6-4, 2-8-2, & 2-8-0, and a selection of On3 engines & cars. Love the wife and her tolerance.

I've found myself hauling my workbench down to the dining room table frequently this summer in order to work near the wifey in the evenings.