The wifey says NO

Why me

I cant understand my wifey all i said i was going to do was start to weather my locos no you wont came the reply i have seen your painting before ok yes i have painted the curtains sky blue i siad and your other blunders well bearing malice now i said no she replyed just reminding you LIST NO 1 KILLING OFF SON GOLD FISH, TWO DRILLING INTI MY DINNING ROOM CHAIR, CUTTING KITCHEN TABLE IN HALF WITH KILL SAW THAT WAS FUNNY LOL; GLUENING YOUR EYES CLOSED WITH HAIR SPRAY;USING E POXY RESINING AND GETTING GLUED INTO BATH FIRE CREW CALLED TO CUT ME OUT FACE ON DOCS AT HOSIPAL, PLUS A FEW OTHER SHE FOR GET THAT SHE ELECTRICTUED THE CAT WITH GAUGE MASTER TRACK CLEANER THINK I TAKE UP HAND GLIDDING ALWAYS REMEMBER WIFEY.MIKE

cnw1961

Mike, go ahead, weather your engines. What is life without all those disasters? BORING :D :D and you miss the chance to have beautifully weathered engines.

N

nachoman

Car guys have a term SWMBO (she who must be obeyed). Do folks around here use that term? LOL

kevin

Torpedo

nachoman said:
Car guys have a term SWMBO (she who must be obeyed). Do folks around here use that term? LOL

kevin
Which in modern times comes from the Rumpole Of The Bailey books by John Mortimer. He took it from an earlier novel entitled "She." The she in Rumpole's life is his overbearing wife, Hilda.

The British Rumpole TV series is one of our favorites.

kf4jqd

I would ask, " Did you buy them or did I did?" Now if she response, "I did." I have no answer for you! Here's what I did before I weathered my locomotives and rolling stock. I baught a cheapy and pratic before weathing a good one. Maybe she will be ok with it after she see a cheap loco weathered!

jbaakko

Might I suggest, painting over the toilet, it doesn't look like you've harmed that yet!

I have my issues with my wife, but it usually applies as "$300 for ONE locomotive!?"

LoudMusic

jbaakko said:
Might I suggest, painting over the toilet, it doesn't look like you've harmed that yet!

I have my issues with my wife, but it usually applies as "$300 for ONE locomotive!?"

Seriously, Mike, at least you have them to be able to be told you're not allowed to weather them. That's a large step ahead of most of us ;)

Pooh Bah
My wife is the reason that my CPR Jubilee is still in the shiny brass colour.

Other than that (and her City of London) I get a pretty free reign.

myltlpny

jbaakko said:

My wife pretty much lets me have a free reign, but like yours, believes prudence is wise.:D
As for the weathering, why not practice on a couple of pieces of rolling stock first, just to get the hang of it. It couldn't hurt.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
I worked with a guy once who lived in fear of his wife. He took as many shifts as he could, and refused to answer the phone. He would relucantly talk with her, but when he was through, he invariably would say "I just got off the phone with The War Department..." ;) :D

Andrew