the watchers

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by paul a, May 13, 2007.

1. paul a

paul a Member

wanted to start a new poll why watch join us .i log on and scope who on. most is visitors. why ever day visitor 10 to 1. you like to watch you should join. don,t have to participated . most members don,t . so join it,s not that hard. paul adams
  2. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

:-? :-? :-? :-?
  3. dansls1

dansls1 Member

I assume that 'lurkers' often just absorb the information in certain forums and don't want to get involved in the conversation. It is also possible that people don't leave their computers logged into a forum unless they actually want to post, so some of the 'visitor's' are actually posters who aren't logged in (on a 2nd computer, don't open cookies up enough, etc).
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Here is an approximate current breakdown of current visitors -
    search engine spiders 85
    guests 42 - I imagine that many of these are also bots indexing content in threads just not labeled as such because not all companies have as much cash to spend as google, msn etc etc.....
    members 28

You can look at this info at any time by clicking on online users at the top of the box that it shows the users :)

Hope that helps!
    (and thanks Russell for showing how to do that a couple weeks ago....)
  5. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Your welcome, sir.8)
    We aim to please!

6. As a former lurker, I don't necessarily see the harm. This forum is not unlike pretty much any forum you go to - there will be some who are very active in the community, some who are not so active but contribute when they can, and those (usually the majority) who just take it all in. There can be many reasons for this, but overall, what's the harm? I frequent every morning, but I have not posted anything once there. This does not mean I do not appreciate the site; I simply don't know how to write in any language (fluently) other than English.

Just a couple cents worth,
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

No harm at all - just an observation :) I wanted to point out how many of the visitors are actually just robots (not unlike me sometimes) :D
  8. paul a

paul a Member

so robots why don,t you join. there are humans behind ever robot. so don,t blame the robot.there are people out there who lurk .trying to find the next wheel.and if they can,t invent it they steal it.why do you think they send the robots.
  9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Uhhhhh they send the robots because its the search engine spiders that scrub every word of every website so that it can be properly indexed in their respective search engine - I suppose we could ask bill gates to join since technically he owns the msn robots :) that would be interesting.... I bet he could make a large donation too!
  10. paul a

paul a Member

the pirates you all hate .there in the visitors to .there the ones i,m teasing here.there the watchers.they watch and compile all the free models.then when they get a good amount they come out with a CD.and by the time we find them they already made a profit.