The UHU02 Colonial Viper appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Revell-Fan, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Rogerio Silva

Rogerio Silva Active Member

What if you upscale it in only one of the axis (the one with the 4mm gap)?

Changing the subject, I started my Viper yesterday, despite all of the problems that moving brings. I'll start posting ASAP.:thumb:
  2. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

I would end up with oval holes instead of round holes and I need the correct angle of the parts. If I would re-scale it on one axis the angle will get smaller. However, I'll give it a try if my first solution doesn't work.

Great that you have started your build, Rogerio! Welcome aboard!
  3. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

Firstly, Master UHU02: Thank you so much for your kind comments.
    We are all taking great pleasure in honouring you by building a piece of art, a piece of art that you have created, and generously shared with us. :thumb::thumb:

RB: I'm really looking forward to see what you are going to come up with in your diorama. Great work so far! :thumb:

R-F, your build is coming along BEAUTIFULLY!!!! :thumb::thumb:
    With the photos of you holding the model, it shows me how much bigger your bird is, compared to RB's and mine.
    I think maybe you are now experiencing problems with UHU's fine tolerances, having up scaled your model. But, the master modeller you are, you will solve it!! :mrgreen:

AgO2: Your engines are coming together great! I thinking of trying the 'real wire' technique you have used for the wiring harnesses too.

Great work everybody!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:
  4. Revell-Fan

Well, to be honest, I'm as tall as Twiki and have VERY small hands...

Just kiddin'! Yes, you are right, the plane IS somewhat bigger. I too think that the fitting issues are caused by the upscaling but they can be fixed. Curiously I experienced the same fitting issue like UHU did (the nose skin).

Now here are the pics of the nose skin assembled from the upscaled UHU pages. You can easily see the gap. I tried to push the part in place and even cut the tip off to make it fit, so the part looks fairly battered.

Attached Files:

5. Revell-Fan

Some close-ups of the tip. Curiously the holes at the top are aligned correctly whereas the holes at the bottom are way off.

Attached Files:

6. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

Dunglish small update

Not a lot done from my end but, bit by bit, I'll get there.....

DSC_0160.jpg DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0169.jpg DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg DSC_0015.jpg

7. Revell-Fan

Here comes the revised nose skin. I have made it longer and re-aligned the holes at the bottom.

When I was assembling the first nose I attached the nose grill according to UHU's instructions. I found that very difficult because of the lack of markings to align the part. So I followed another strategy: Instead of starting at the top I started at the bottom.

After installing the grill I closed the part as shown.

Attached Files:

8. Revell-Fan

Great progress, Dan! :thumb:

And this is the result of the revision.

Attached Files:

9. Revell-Fan

The holes at the bottom are properly aligned. But, I don't know why, now the holes at the top are off! Apparently I'll have to make a third nose skin...

Attached Files:

10. Rogerio Silva

Better late than never!

I've been invited to join this group since the beginning, but I haven't been able, for a lot of different reasons, to start my own build. Well, I've noticed that, no matter how I try to free myself from everyday's problems, they always seem to find their way back to me... AND MULTIPLY THEMSELVES!!! :eek: :curse:
    So I've decided that, despite everything that's going on in my life at the moment, I will try and find some time for this marvelous model. After all, UHU02 did find the time to design this (one more) masterpiece, so the least I could do to honor his work is to build it in the best way I can.
    So, I present you my first pictures of my own build, and I am grateful for your patience!

Attached Files:

11. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

YYAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!! bounce7

Good luck my friend!!!
  12. Revell-Fan

Finally - a Viper from Brazil! :woot1:

13. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

@Dan: You are making very good progress. Your build is really looking good (I would have to say, even better then mine.).

@RF: With the exception of the top RCT holes not lining up, EVERYTHING looks AMAZING!!!

@Rogério: Welcome to the party!!!
    I am glad that you could join in on the fun!!!
    You are off to a very good start!!!
    Just remember to have patience with the build. This is not a race.
  14. Rogerio Silva

Low 'n slow...

Don't worry, my friend, I'll go easy. UHU02's models demand kindness and patience, but they sure pay off for all the efforts you put into them.
    Thanks! :thumb: :mrgreen: :thumb: :mrgreen:
  15. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

silveroxides Viper

Welcome aboard to the newest builders in the thread. I have a bit of a slow down, but that is due to other aspects of the build that I am trying to imagine. I believe that I have a size appropriate head that will be the base for the figures. I am also working on the uniforms/coverall for the deck crew as well as other pilots. The base is also under consideration and instead of a full hangar bay, I will probably do a two wall section. I am considering using the tool room but if it gets too cluttered, I may do without the tool room. After seeing the fit problems for the attitude adjusters (Holes in the nose and rear) I may have a solution to that problem but that is a little further up the build thread. Below you will see the crew figures. If you build tiricks figures, all you have to do, is wrap the viper pilots templates around the figure. The grease monkeys outfit is still under construction. Eventually I will do a build thread for them either here or a separate thread.

Rogerio, you probably already passed this step but I recommend to build the bottom avionics boxes for the fuselage first and then work on the top. If you build as per the sequence, The top portion of the avionics boxes, have a tendency to pull the nose down. Good luck on your build and waiting to see more of your stuff as well as the rest of the build crew here. Enjoy and see you all next posting.:thumb:

Attached Files:

16. Rogerio Silva

Thanks, Silveroxide! I haven't got there yet, it'll be a slow-paced job.
    Your build is admirable! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :cool: :cool: :cool:
  17. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

@silveroxide: The aft end really looks good. I like all of the wiring and tubing that you added.
    The figurines are a GREAT ADDITION as well!! I am looking forward to seeing the thread on those.
  18. Revell-Fan

This is looking awesome, silver! I too would love to see how you did the figures.
  19. spaceagent-9

spaceagent-9 Right Hand Man and Confidant

totally awesome.
    I am at a loss for words.
  20. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

AgO2: Nice!

I have got to this............ Number 102............ This is gonna take me a while .....sign1

DSC_0008.jpg DSC_0015.jpg