The UHU02 Colonial Viper appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Revell-Fan, Aug 11, 2013.

1. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

silveroxides Viper

I will be busy this weekend so I may not do any photo updates until Monday. In the meantime, here is the last batch for now. I have to work on that side pipes and details for the side of the engine pods. I had a visitor drop by to check on the progress and Ms. Parks (Boomer) ensured that there may be some more visitors to come by during the process until it is finished. Kara will probably drop by next posting. Enjoy and see you all next posting.:thumb:

Attached Files:

• 103.jpg
      File size:
      56.4 KB
    • 104.jpg
      File size:
      43.4 KB
    • 105.jpg
      File size:
      57.8 KB
    • 106.jpg
      File size:
      57 KB
    • 107.jpg
      File size:
      63 KB
  2. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

@Silveroxide: I like the 2-D cut-outs. this whole project is really coming together beautifully!!!
  3. Rhaven Blaack

SKINS for the Engines

Here are the SKINS for the engines. As mentioned earlier, I will not be putting these on the plane. They will be laying on the side of the diorama.

Parts for the intake fans

Intake fans assembled.

Parts for the intakes.

Intakes are assembles.

Parts for the lower engine SKIN.

4. Rhaven Blaack

More Engine SKINS!!!

SKIN for the engine is complete.

Both Lower Engine SKINS are completely assembled.

Parts for the Upper Engine SKINS.

Upper Engine SKINS are completely assembled.

Now onto the wings.
  5. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

I got a whole crew of 2d cutouts which I am prepping at the moment. Thanks for the posting as well. Like I mentioned earlier, I need those photos from you guys for the building process. The intake fans was confusing me a little and I was going to do them my way. Now that you posted it, I understand now how to place those tiny little bits. Keep up the good work.
  6. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

+++ German sitrep +++

Hi, guys! :wave:

The German garage is back on line!

I'm now assembling the engines and will show you some pics soon. Till then I give you a piece of ... "Modern Art"! :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

7. Rhaven Blaack

Speaking about figures, I have taken Tiricks X-Wing pilots and I am going to (attempt) turn them into "KNOCKLE-DRAGGERS".

I am glad that I was able to help you make sense of the intake fans.

Thank you for the kind words.
  8. Revell-Fan

The parts for the rear assembly. I have used another layer of card on parts 190, 191 & 192 to increase the raised effect.

Attached Files:

9. Revell-Fan

The rear of former 1 has to be shortened so that the rear parts can be attached. I attached part 188 to the black rectangle on the back of part 191; this way it is much easier to pinpoint the exact location of the part. The other parts were assembled exactly as the master showed it.

Attached Files:

10. Revell-Fan

A quick tip: When you cut out the thin circles start cutting from the inside and cut out the white center first. Cutting from the outside first is too difficult.

Attached Files:

11. Revell-Fan

The engines were assembled according to the master's instructions. I shoud have added an additional layer between the second and the third layer but I was too lazy :p . So I had to trim the outer layer a bit.

Attached Files:

12. Revell-Fan

The inserts fit very nicely. I didn't apply glue to them but to the engines using a rod. I pushed the inserts through to the middle of the engines, applied the glue and then put the parts in place. Everything went together very well. Like Rhaven I used the black engine exhaust parts.

Attached Files:

13. Revell-Fan

Attaching the engines to the plane was a bit tricky since I wanted to bring the Viper into an upright position so that I was able to align the engines properly. I improvised a mounting device made of food packaging and glued the engines to the fuselage.

Attached Files:

14. Revell-Fan

The front landing gear was assembled using the provided parts. A quick test-fit showed that my version wasn't thick enough. I'll sandwich another version of part 212 inbetween to make everything fit as intended.

Attached Files:

15. Danscrew

Danscrew Danscrew

I RV !

This is a fabulous model from an incredible model maker. It's all print out and on my ''to do list'' after complete my colonial mover.

Your build will be frakingfantastic ! and I will take this tread to help me with my build.

Keep going my German friend :thumb:
  16. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

Dunglish playing catch-up!!

@ AgO2, RF & RB: You guys are doing fantastic jobs on your builds. You are faaaaar ahead of me....... But, I'll get there.....
    Nice work guys!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Due to staffing issues at the Dunglish Viper factory, progress has been slow.

I managed to get the side rails assembled and attached.

DSC_0032[1].jpg DSC_0042[1].jpg

DSC_0053[1].jpg DSC_0050[1].jpg

I'll be back when I can.

17. Rhaven Blaack

I have to say that EVERYONE that is participating in this build of UHU02's Viper is doing a FAN(FRAKKING)TASTIC JOB!!

:thumb::thumb:KUDOS TO EVERYONE!!!:thumb::thumb:
  18. Rhaven Blaack

Another update from the Scorpion Ship yard

Here are the wings.

Here are the parts for the main guns.

The main guns are assembled. They are very simple. You just layer one cylinder over the first.

Here are the parts for the wings.
    (As you can see I put in one of the other flaps that go the the other wing in this photo.)

Here is the flap.

The flap is in place.

Internal supports and glue strips in place.

Wing is assembled.

19. Rhaven Blaack

Wings are assembled.

Wings are attached to the Engine Housing.

Onto the canopy.

After that, the diorama itself.
  20. Danscrew

Danscrew Danscrew

Sorry..I never wanted to forget anybody in this tread but your absolutely right Rhaven Blaack.

For all those who have the courage and the patience to do this incredible build..............and at that size.............will do a FRAKING good job.

An million :thumb: for all of you !