The Uhu02 appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zathros

Uhu02 - I want to thank you personally for all that you have done for this community. The difference that your models have made in my own life cannot be overstated. This is not meant to sound cheesy but they literally kept me sane over the past two years. For that time I had been fighting a very messy court case over the adoption of my children and their abusive biological father. It was the hardest 2 years of my life and it took a great toll on me mentally and physically. I started paper modeling during this period as something to immerse myself in to get my mind off of the depression and sadness. I started with the C3PO! It turned out to be very difficult but I persisted. I now regularly do paper models - mostly spaceships and movie themed props. I did win my adoption and my children are now safe from harm. I couldn't have gone through it all without spending the time on your paper models! Thank you so much. All the best for 2012 and I am looking forward to many, many more amazing models! I am starting my kids on paper models now as well! :) Alex

:welcome1: to the forum Alex, thank you for you story and I wish you the best of luck. UHU does read these posts. I think these models really take care of idle hands. Welcome aboard! Post some pics! :)

MAC99

Dec 10, 2010
West ST Paul Minnesota USA
Is it there?

I have built Kooklik's U-Boat and then this morning I came across UHU's Dos Boot U 96, with all the accolades and what I seen on his pages I would like to build his very good looking U-Boat.

I found the ID and Pass ok but not the page to use it. I am going around on his pages and this site, I am not sure if his library is up or not.

I find ver.2 and ver.3 and home page and lists.

If it is up say yes and I will find it, if not say no and I will keep coming back and checking for it. Not asking for link.

MAC

Kooklik's Engine is also looking very good!!

Z

Zathros

The link is most definitely up and if you read this thread, go from back to front, you will be enlightened. :)

kevo

Mar 25, 2010
just manged to to figure out the pass word and was able to down load the 2001 discovery!
you don't know how long I have dreamed of making this fantastic model. it was knowing that this model was out there, that got me into paper modeling. and having built the Aries 1B ( also an outstanding model ) I can not wait to get suck in. I plan to build all of the 2001 space odyssey models eventually. THANK YOU SO MUCH ! still can not believe I GOT THE DISCOVERY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Z

Zathros

just manged to to figure out the pass word and was able to down load the 2001 discovery!
you don't know how long I have dreamed of making this fantastic model. it was knowing that this model was out there, that got me into paper modeling. and having built the Aries 1B ( also an outstanding model ) I can not wait to get suck in. I plan to build all of the 2001 space odyssey models eventually. THANK YOU SO MUCH ! still can not believe I GOT THE DISCOVERY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for you! Post pictures of your build. That is the best way to show your appreciation. UHU visits this forum and he will see your model. The rest of us would like to see our build pictures also. :)

Eric Ferguson

Sep 13, 2005
Found a thread going straight to Uhu, wrote him, never did hear back, but that's OK. It be enough if he read it. Don't know if I'm biting off more than I can chew, but thought I'd take a stab at Discoveries Carousel. Looking for the card stock I bought awhile back and need to go out and get the glue. Got some el cheapo knives from OSH ($5). One question, was there ever a building guide for kit? Completely in the dark here as how and what to fold and put where. Anyone else build the carousel?

slee2099

May 28, 2006
I wish to apologize to Uhu and some others who I might have upset by some of the things I posted in the last couple of months, I was having a problem downloading from the new site but have worked it out by using an off the wall solution. Once again I'm sorry but sometimes when I get frustrated my temper causes me to say things I don't really mean.

Haereticus

Jan 23, 2012
haereticuspaper.wordpress.com
Does anybody know if Uhu plans to make Space Station 5 from 2001 any time soon? I've got some basic geometries worked out but I wondered if it would be worth pursuing it to fruition or if I should just bide my time.

paper hollywood

Haereticus, you must have missed this thread started by designer Martin Saenger. He just posted his version on his great Paper Aviation site. His actually shows the station finished as it was never seen in 2001. I don't recall from the film, but Martin says it was mentioned as finished in the film 2010.

http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171510

Still, if you want to create your own I'm sure you could some distinctive things with it. I'd certainly check it out.

Wade

Haereticus

Jan 23, 2012
haereticuspaper.wordpress.com
Oh right - Thanks! Not sure how I missed that! I think I actually prefer the aesthetics of the incomplete one, plus I must have seen 2001 at least ten times but 2010 only once, so I might try working on a 2001 'conversion kit' once I've had a little look at it.

Z

Zathros

Start reading this thread from back to front and you will have what you are looking for.

Leise zwischen den Zeilen! :)

skidoosnopro

Feb 27, 2012
Appleton ,WI
Is his site still active ? I can find no libary on his page . Love all his model . I am just recently getting into paper models after having a mental holiday of sorts . I had to move to a different state to get away from a family that was killing my soul . I have been having alot of fun building again and woul love to build some of his models . Any help would be appreciated

Z

Zathros

Is his site still active ? I can find no libary on his page . Love all his model . I am just recently getting into paper models after having a mental holiday of sorts . I had to move to a different state to get away from a family that was killing my soul . I have been having alot of fun building again and woul love to build some of his models . Any help would be appreciated

Hang around the forum for a while. Once we get to know you we will help you out. In the mean while there are many other models to be had. Let us know what else you may be interested in. Try making an introduction to yourself first, and make sure you read the rules. One of them has to do with asking about UHU models and no one will answer you because they will have broken the rules. As you are new here, you will have to let us become familiar with you first. It is against forum rules to answer your question. You will have to put some time n to get the answer. :)

t.l.williamsjr

Feb 8, 2004
Uhu02: Domo Arigato! I hope I got that right, anyway I would like to thank you very much for the pieces of art that you have made to the paper modelling community. I hope that one day I will have the skill to build them and do them justice.

Zathro: I'll probably be PM'ing you in the next two or three days. And I'd also like to tender my thanks to you for work you do here.

TomW.

vbsargent

Apr 16, 2008
MD, USA
One of these days I'll get my skills up to building his Chitty Chitty Bang Bang for my kids. I thank you for all your skills and generosity. Your models are phenomenal!

Status
Not open for further replies.