The Uhu02 appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SJPONeill

Can only agree with these comments - not only are Uhu02's model really setting the standard for paper models but they also offer great insights into the art of paper model design...

davelant

And I would like to thank him for his expressive brevity. I would really, really, like to highlight his last post in this thread. To quote Lewis Carroll:

"Other maps are such shapes, with their islands and capes!
But we've got our brave Captain to thank:
(So the crew would protest) "that he's bought us the best--
A perfect and absolute blank!"

E

Erik J

Never been to a uhu02 website, wherever that is, so I assume it is no more, and some people have some of his models. Is that what is going on?

Z

Zathros

And I would like to thank him for his expressive brevity. I would really, really, like to highlight his last post in this thread. To quote Lewis Carroll:

"Other maps are such shapes, with their islands and capes!
But we've got our brave Captain to thank:
(So the crew would protest) "that he's bought us the best--
A perfect and absolute blank!"

announce1That's really good, but we'll have no more or that!!:thumb:

Charlewood

Thank you Uhu02-san for all your work. It has caught my imagination and help me keep my dexterity. You chanllenge me no end at this is appreciated.

I model on my free time, allthought, never enough. I am prensently working on the GENII and I am planning a build thread.

I do hope to see more of your work and get a chance to build more.

どうもありがとうございました

cblf49

While I've never built one of Uhu's kits (they're well beyond my present skill level) I hope to do so one day.

Thank you Uhu02.

foxflyr

UHU02, Thank you for all of the fantastic models you have created. I too am disapointed in those who abuse the privilege of having access to the models created by you and others. I hope you will find a way to share your work again or at least share the results with us

John

wolflone

Thnaks God I find the new website of UHU02 Sensei, and I agree with all of you too: It was necessary to Mr. UHU02 to shut down his previous webpage. Some greedy and selfish stupids betrayed his trust in all of us. I hope this awful betray will never happen again, because it's happen, for sure he will shut down his participation in the Internet forever. We must be carefull with that. And not only with UHU02 Sensei, with everybody whom generously share their works with all of us. Cheers.

I love his work....er....Art, and its sad that some have the need to steal when he offers it for free. sadly, i cannot find the new site. one day :)

Why do people have to spoil something good. It took me so long (stupid me) to figure out the password and now I find out that UHU02 had to shut down his site because of idiots. Deff. a shame but understandable. Thank you UHU02 for all you have given us here. Happy New Year.

Jim

kevo

just to say thank you for all your models, and you were the one that got me into paper modeling. your Aries 1B from 2001 was the first paper model I ever made (outstanding)
thank you

Kev

fringewatcher

Thank you Uhu02!

Uhu02 - I want to thank you personally for all that you have done for this community. The difference that your models have made in my own life cannot be overstated. This is not meant to sound cheesy but they literally kept me sane over the past two years. For that time I had been fighting a very messy court case over the adoption of my children and their abusive biological father. It was the hardest 2 years of my life and it took a great toll on me mentally and physically. I started paper modeling during this period as something to immerse myself in to get my mind off of the depression and sadness. I started with the C3PO! It turned out to be very difficult but I persisted. I now regularly do paper models - mostly spaceships and movie themed props. I did win my adoption and my children are now safe from harm. I couldn't have gone through it all without spending the time on your paper models! Thank you so much. All the best for 2012 and I am looking forward to many, many more amazing models! I am starting my kids on paper models now as well! :) Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.