The Uhu02 appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ThunderChild, May 8, 2010.

1. okieman

okieman New Member

"At my age some times I stop to think and forget to start again" "so easy a caveman can do it". I got it now. I see a 1:24 Moon bus coming.
  2. scifimodelfan

scifimodelfan Member

He is truly a genius and is models are beautiful works of art and I respect his wishes to not let people know the passoword. It is deff. a "wonderful gift" that he is sharing with us and I thank you Uhu02 personlay.
  3. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Read this thread. read it closely. Savor every single word. Don't miss anything. Read every single word. If you figure it out, do NOT post the answer!! The answer is in the thread, just read it. The tittle says : "A Message from UHU".\

If, and when you get it, do not share it with anyone. :)
  4. BigGiraffe

BigGiraffe New Member

Good Evening,

I've just been introduced to Uhu02's models in the last day or two, thanks to the forums here at Zealot. This man's talent is amazing! What incredible models! I'm grateful to him, as he is providing great enjoyment to so many people.

Best regards,
  5. cmcdonxx

cmcdonxx New Member

I too would like to swell the chorus of praise for Uhu. Yes, paper model design is an art, and the designers are artists. Yet not every artist can be a Michaelangelo or a Da Vinci. I would like to say that Uhu stands in the forefront of the masters.

The work is greatly apprreciated. My thanks.

The site... reminds me of LOTR, speak friend and enter. Even as wise a wizard as Gandalf can be stumped by the obvious. I was, as others. It was amusing in retrospect.

Again, my heartfelt thank you, Uhu, for your hard work.
  6. eatonad

eatonad New Member

I have just read this thread. I agree with all the praise and warnings about repecting UHU's work. UHU is one of the most prolific and talented paper modelers of all time. I love his work. I am pesently building his 2001 EVA pod. The design is fantastic and my model is coming along very well. It is a pleasure to build such well done design. I plan to build his Discovery One next. UHU thank you for your great work and generocity in making these models available to us.
  7. Skycop 1

Skycop 1 New Member

The Uho Appreciation Thread

Visited what looked to be his website but kept going around in circles to try what I think would gain access to no avail. Will try later when I have more time to play with.
  8. Eyeonmal

Eyeonmal New Member

That Time Machine is Amazing Ugly! So darn detailed! The lighting is great and I can sense the textures on the paper, so good! well done!
  9. eatonad

eatonad New Member

UHU02's EVA pod

I have just completed UHU02's EVA or Space pod. This was a very enjoyable model to build and it looks great on my wall. Uhu02 is truely one of the greatest paper model designers ever! Here are the pics.

10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Active Member

awesome work on those details! whats next in the pipeline? :)
  11. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I was wondering that too. I can't believe how fast eatonad made this model. I doubt that time will be beat, add the quality of the build, and a place in papermodeling history has been made! :)
  12. Is the UHU02 website down at the moment? I can not gain access since two days.
  13. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Marco, I've sent you a P.M..
  14. oriod01

oriod01 Member

Yeah I just visited it and there is nothing there? What happened? :confused:
  15. Zathros

Zathros Guest

When UHU is ready, he will do what he is going to do, let's just leave it at that! O.K.? Thanks! He has put enough models to last quite a long time for even the fastest modeler.
  16. sgoti

sgoti Member

He has apparently pulled the plug.

Someone on another forum didn't respect his (uhu02's) wishes, saying in effect "I have the model, if anyone wants it send me an email".

Not good. This was a slap in the face to uhu02, who only asked that we honor his wishes in return for access to his beautiful works.

17. Zathros

Zathros Guest

This is the UHU appreciation thread.

No more "What's happened" questions, Please!

Sgoti stated what happened, and that is enough. Let's start building the models UHU02 has given us. This would be a good place to post a pic of finished works to show our appreciation for UHU.

Thank You all for understanding, and Thank You UHU, for the vast amount of work that you have given the world community of modelers.

18. uglyguy9

uglyguy9 Member

i morn the loss of possibly the greatest paper engineer of this decade...if not all thanks to you UHU02 for the many great models you have given us....i have enjoyed building and watching others build your incredible models.
    cheers mate
  19. Eric Ferguson

Eric Ferguson Member

I agree. THANKS Uhu for the joy you've given people. Wish io someday have the skills to build even one of yours. But have enjoyed seeing what can be done. First saw your Proteus and Black Pearl. Proteus was genius, complete with interior. Love old sailing ships, and thrn saw the 2001 models. THANKS!!!
  20. oriod01

oriod01 Member

That's cool. Just understand all the 'what happeneds' come from the fact that most here respect UHU deeply and follow his work closely, yet were not privy (as were some obviously) to why he suddenly and without a word just vanished. It is a very valid inquiry and it is a show of appreciation to be concerned. There are many different reasons why a designer/modeler would suddenly fall off the face of the earth. I personally was concerned some personal tragedy had happened.

UHU means a great deal to any true paper modeler. I think I speak for just about everyone that it is fine if he never releases another model. We are just concerned that he is ok and curious as to the sudden disappearance. I watch closely the progress of all the models he designs (even those I have no interest in building) because his work his so freaking amazing.

Thanks for everything UHU and good luck to you. You are by far one of the best... if not 'The Best' and you are missed. We love you man!