The Uhu02 appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ThunderChild, May 8, 2010.

1. Zathros

Zathros Guest

The link is most definitely up and if you read this thread, go from back to front, you will be enlightened. :)
  2. MAC99

MAC99 Member

3. kevo

kevo Member

just manged to to figure out the pass word and was able to down load the 2001 discovery!
    you don't know how long I have dreamed of making this fantastic model. it was knowing that this model was out there, that got me into paper modeling. and having built the Aries 1B ( also an outstanding model ) I can not wait to get suck in. I plan to build all of the 2001 space odyssey models eventually. THANK YOU SO MUCH ! still can not believe I GOT THE DISCOVERY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Good for you! Post pictures of your build. That is the best way to show your appreciation. UHU visits this forum and he will see your model. The rest of us would like to see our build pictures also. :)
  5. Eric Ferguson

Eric Ferguson Member

Found a thread going straight to Uhu, wrote him, never did hear back, but that's OK. It be enough if he read it. Don't know if I'm biting off more than I can chew, but thought I'd take a stab at Discoveries Carousel. Looking for the card stock I bought awhile back and need to go out and get the glue. Got some el cheapo knives from OSH ($5). One question, was there ever a building guide for kit? Completely in the dark here as how and what to fold and put where. Anyone else build the carousel?
  6. slee2099

slee2099 Member

I wish to apologize to Uhu and some others who I might have upset by some of the things I posted in the last couple of months, I was having a problem downloading from the new site but have worked it out by using an off the wall solution. Once again I'm sorry but sometimes when I get frustrated my temper causes me to say things I don't really mean.
  7. Haereticus

Haereticus Member

Does anybody know if Uhu plans to make Space Station 5 from 2001 any time soon? I've got some basic geometries worked out but I wondered if it would be worth pursuing it to fruition or if I should just bide my time.
  8. Haereticus, you must have missed this thread started by designer Martin Saenger. He just posted his version on his great Paper Aviation site. His actually shows the station finished as it was never seen in 2001. I don't recall from the film, but Martin says it was mentioned as finished in the film 2010.

Still, if you want to create your own I'm sure you could some distinctive things with it. I'd certainly check it out.

9. Haereticus

Haereticus Member

Oh right - Thanks! Not sure how I missed that! I think I actually prefer the aesthetics of the incomplete one, plus I must have seen 2001 at least ten times but 2010 only once, so I might try working on a 2001 'conversion kit' once I've had a little look at it.
  10. By the way: Did UHU02 start a new "2012" blog? All I can find is the one titled "2011" with the Moonbus pictures as his last entry.
  11. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Start reading this thread from back to front and you will have what you are looking for.

Leise zwischen den Zeilen! :)
  12. Know what? I already had the correct link, BUT I saved it under "UHU02 old site" and naver looked at it again. Stupid me... wall1
  13. skidoosnopro

skidoosnopro New Member

Is his site still active ? I can find no libary on his page . Love all his model . I am just recently getting into paper models after having a mental holiday of sorts . I had to move to a different state to get away from a family that was killing my soul . I have been having alot of fun building again and woul love to build some of his models . Any help would be appreciated
  14. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Hang around the forum for a while. Once we get to know you we will help you out. In the mean while there are many other models to be had. Let us know what else you may be interested in. Try making an introduction to yourself first, and make sure you read the rules. One of them has to do with asking about UHU models and no one will answer you because they will have broken the rules. As you are new here, you will have to let us become familiar with you first. It is against forum rules to answer your question. You will have to put some time n to get the answer. :)
  15. skidoosnopro

skidoosnopro New Member

Thank you for your reply . I will add to my profile and start posting and being patient . Thank you and where do I find these rules ?
  16. Uhu02: Domo Arigato! I hope I got that right, anyway I would like to thank you very much for the pieces of art that you have made to the paper modelling community. I hope that one day I will have the skill to build them and do them justice.

Zathro: I'll probably be PM'ing you in the next two or three days. And I'd also like to tender my thanks to you for work you do here.

17. vbsargent

vbsargent Member

One of these days I'll get my skills up to building his Chitty Chitty Bang Bang for my kids. I thank you for all your skills and generosity. Your models are phenomenal!
  18. kevo

kevo Member

I dont know were else to put this great news. UHU02 has just posted on his web, all the fantastic 2001 space odyssey models are available for down load again. the space pod, the Discovery, the Aries, and the moon bus. so if you dont all ready have these knock out models now is your chance. so please spread the word!
  19. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I always suggest people download what they can while they can. It's prudent. Thanks for the heads up! :)
  20. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

Uhu, thank you very much!