The Traxxas Stampede

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Sk8forlife108, Dec 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sk8forlife108

Sk8forlife108 Member

I was just wondering if the traxxas stampede was a good starter truck. I'm not going to race it or anything. I just want a good quality truck to bash around with and get used to tuning before I get a better truck.
    Thanks for your help.

Happy Holidays to everyone.
  2. bandit1

bandit1 Member

thats a great choice or the ruslter by them also is good
  3. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

For nitro or electric they are good, rustler or stampede. I don't have a stampede but at 1 time I did have a nitro rustler and it was fast and strong. I do have a electric 4tec and it is made out of the same material and they are verry stong and well built. If you were looking for more of a 4wd check out the HPI electric rs4, my cuz had 1 and they are good just 1 small weakness, up in the front, like a duratrax evader, they like to break off if hit something hard going way fast lol. But ya the stampede is a great choice!
  4. rustylover

rustylover Member

i got two rustlers for sale
  5. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Nitro or electric? Take trades?
  6. Sk8forlife108

Sk8forlife108 Member

Thanx a lot for your help
    Happy Holidays!
  7. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Do you know yet what you plan on getting?
  8. rustylover

rustylover Member

both e rustlers
  9. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Take trades or only wana sell?
  10. Sk8forlife108

Sk8forlife108 Member

Does anyone know where I can buy the adapters so I can run t/e-maxx tires on a stampede? and another q: Will the t/e-maxx tires effect performance? (i.e speed, torque, handling, battery life, etc..) thanks for your help.
  11. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Off hand I don't know where you can get them but if you were to put those of ur truck it will put alot more strain on the tranny and motor. If you do do that you will need a high torque servo for the steering to be able to steer the tires really well. Switch the gearing to a small pinon and a larger spur and work your way down on the spur and up on the pinon. Check tho to see if any of the electronics are really hot, you don't wana burn anything up. Also if you haven't already switch to different batt and esc plugs to no lose connectors this will help things stay some what cooler.
  12. Sk8forlife108

Sk8forlife108 Member

13. At tower hobbies, just type in the search engine
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.