The starting

The starting--- track plan added

Of the first bit of model work i have done in some years. Going to do a small town diorama, and what better place to start then with the grain elevator.
Have included a few pics of the starting.

over%20all.JPG

The overview of this building

roof.JPG

Little blurry but using a gray wash on the roof panels. Trying to make it look a little decrepid.

More later

zedob

Nice job.

You know...

...you could take some of those "My Little Pony" stickers and stick them on the side. Add some playground equipment and a chainlink fence around them to keep the bad guys out, voila, instant renovated grain elevator turned into a daycare.

Humm, the rail traffic wouldn't be any good. Scrap that idea.

Unless you wanted to ship the kids in on passenger trains.

I didnt even realize they where sitting there. I would have to fight my youngest for those.

Did a little more of the trim last night, and edged the roof with a thin line of black to seperate it a little better.

street%20side%202.JPG

Here is some of the progress that was made today. Painted the hinges on the doors, filling hose, roof details. Next things are people and some details, and i guess i should attach it to the base.
The overall front view
front%20grain.JPG

Back Side of elevator, i can see some touch ups are needed:)
back%20grain%20elevator.JPG

And one of the whole set on the trackside
trackside.JPG

as i found out today after some land bartering, NONE! i have been granted a 12' x 12' room. Now the nice part is i still have most of the layout that used to be 14'x12' so with some modifications to fit i wont need a helix of any sort:) ill post up the track plan to it later this evening.:thumb:

Ok well here is a really rough sketch of what it will look like. 2 sections are already up, and the rest are just waiting for some trimming to fit the new room. :wave:

new%20update%20plan.jpg