"The Sobrado" - Old Brazilian House

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by mauther, Feb 18, 2009.

1. mauther

mauther Active Member

Hello everyone,

Here an old house, called "sobrado " ,very common in some places of Brazil. It is a house that dates the beginning of last century, usually built by Portugueses who came to Brazil to earn money. They built this small house with several rooms and each room rented to a family. There was only one bathroom, which was divided by all.

This is a model easy to assemble, I think the photos posted here will help that those who want to build the model, I believe they will have no difficulties.

Link to download:

See you later!
  2. Ponytail

Ponytail Member

Thanks Mauther,

For sharing this lovely building.:goldcup:
    Your designs are easy to build and still show professionality, due to the very good texturing. Keep on doing them!

Greetings from Holland
    (AKA Ponytail)
  3. Nemesis7485

Nemesis7485 Member

That's one of the better looking architecture models I've seen in a while. Nice job :)
  4. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

Your beautiful artwork brings real dimension to a relatively simple model. I really like this one, thank you!
  5. ltla9000311

ltla9000311 Member

Mauther, this is a very nice model!!!! Thank you for designing and sharing this, and the other models you have designed. Your work has improved a great deal, keep going!

PS: Are you using photographs as your textures?
  6. redwolf28386

redwolf28386 Member

:thumb: Lots of nice detail in this one!!
  7. mauther

mauther Active Member

Thanks, Ponytail, Nemesis7485, cjwalas, ltla9000311 and redwolf28386. Thanks to all of you for your words.

To ltla9000311:

Yes, I am using photos taken by me, searched on texture sites and on Google. Any photo can be used and easily applied in MsPaint. Any facade photo can be used, the options are unlimited.

8. Art Decko

Art Decko Member

Very well done! :thumb: So many card models have really poor graphics, your use of textures shows how much they enhance a model. Great work on the railings and balcony, too. :)
  9. BARX2

BARX2 Member

It's a beautiful model with great details. Thanks for sharing!
  10. THE DC

THE DC Member

Much appreciation for a great contribution to the site; ...a neat structure too!

From all of us,

The DC
  11. batidores

batidores New Member

It's very beautiful , and the texture is great.
    Tank's , sincerely:wave:.
  12. mauther

mauther Active Member

13. batidores

batidores New Member

One little question , the scale is about 1:48 or 1:50?.
    I make some measures and seems like this, isn't it?

14. pahorace

pahorace Member

Hello mauther,
    these models are very nice, very well made with ultra-realistic appearance.
    Thanks for sharing.

Ps. in that scale, approximately, are represented?

15. mauther

mauther Active Member

Hi, batidores and pahorace,

The scale is aprox. 1/50. It`s not exact, because I use the space of screen of MSPaint and I do not worry about measurements.
    Thanks to you both for assessing my work.:wave:
  16. Vahmp

Vahmp Member