The Shape Of Things To Come (Regulus II missile)

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by GEEDUBBYA, Jul 20, 2005.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

Well, its been a long time coming, but if you can wait just a few more days til some server/website bugs and a few small details are worked out, the Regulus II tactical nuclear cruise missile will be ready for "deployment" free of charge.
    Being that I do the "promoting" for Eric over at high flying cards by eric, I was lucky enough to get an advanced copy of the model for test build purposes.
    Well I assembled the model with very few "hitches", there was a problem with some "cosmetic details".....printed lines that didnt quite line up, but over all the model went together easily even w/o instructions.
    But, I was wanting something big, so I enlarged the model from 1 .pdf page to 9 pages , still only 21 parts, but now they were much about builder friendly!
    Of course its a good thing I am divorced cause a 20" long model does take up abit of room.
    Anyway, in the next few days, the model should be released for free download. However, He hasnt stopped with this version, He is also working on one with landing gear.
    So take a look at this one for now (more in my album) and there will be an announcement when the smaller version is ready to go.

Have a good day,

Greg aka GW

EDIT: Eric's Regulus I model had an average of 133 downloads per day back in june with over 4,000 downloads for that month, This is where the server/website troubles come in :lol:
  2. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

Dude that is an awesome build. :D Be proud. Now where is it. I want it now. :twisted:
  3. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Totally awesome build, Greg! :D
    Way to go!!

Okay, we'll try and wait for a few days, but it won't be easy. :wink:

Are there other projects like this in the works as well? Maybe a few missles from other nations? Eric and company have quite a nice series in the making there...and very popular from the download rates. Congratulations!

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

Thanks Dave, Thanks Jim, Yes he has a few more things in the works, a few versions of the Regulus II, including one with landing gear (yes, they actually made some with landing gear, check them out in google images, search for regulus II).
    And he has a snark in the works also. I know he has started on its design, but not sure how far along he has gotten, but trust me, I will be pestering him for its release right after he relases this model.....and I get the word out on the various sites around the world. I believe I contacted about 6-7 websites in all parts of the world to announce his Regulus I and the response to it was unlike anything I had ever seen. It averaged out to 133 downloads a day, but there were days there was double that number.
    I told him that had he sold the regulus I at even just $1 each, we were talking about "A NEW CAR!" well, a down payment lol. But He enjoys flying model rockets and I think that this size that I built 20" long would just about be perfect to convert to a flyer.
    The original drawing that I blew up builds into a model about 7-8" long.
    But I will let everyone know when he is ready to release it. Have a good evening,

Greg aka gw