The saga continues with Badger Creek

shamus

Registered Member
Undercoat plaster now added, and a start can be made on decorating and putting the icing on the cake.
4new.jpg

waver.gif

http://www.badger-creek.co.uk

Woodie

Shamus,

Lookin' good! What have you used to support the plater, between the top level and the roadbed? (of the road) and what did you use to colour the plaster?

TOOT!

George

Shamus, it doesn't look like plaster, it looks like stone!
biggrin.gif

Are you pouring on site, or putting in pre poured dry slabs? How long after you pour it in an area before you carve it? What are you using to carve it with and how do you achieve the grainy texture to the plaster?

So many questions, are we all dizzy yet??
confused.gif
??

George.

Woodie

Shamus,

That explains the colour. After painting, does any of the original colour show through? I tried to "carve" niches, cracks etc into the plaster as it dried. I used a plastic artists pallette knife. It tended to drag lumps out of the plaster, so after that I brushed with water to smooth it out a little. It gave the shape I wanted of weathered sandstone, and the brush marks were enough to give the rock some grainy look.

TOOT!

Drew1125

Just out of curiousity Shamus -
I seem to remember you mentioning that you used Peco track. (I know I spotted a Peco wye in that last shot)
Do you use the "Streamline" code 75? (whatever it is, your trackwork looks SUPER!)
I'm wanting to use this on my HO layout. I'm at present re-laying the track on my N scale layout, using Peco code 55. I've thrown out the handlaying gadgets, & the Micro-Engineering crap, & am not looking back, thanks to this wonderful product from the U.K. (y'all sure know how to do things right!)
I'm serious, whatever model railroading I do from now on, it's going to be with Peco track, & those wonderful turnouts!
Thanks again for sharing your wealth of knowledge with us Shamus. I think we've all learned a lot. Keep up the good work!

shamus

Registered Member
Hi All,
Nearly finished the plaster side of things and start putting the icing on the cake.

Charlie,

Peco code 100 is what I am using for my HO, but code 55 in N-scale is super to use, I used it on my old N layout.

waver.gif

http://www.badger-creek.co.uk