The Royal Standard of Ur, anyone?

dhanners

Folks--
I'm wondering if anyone is aware of whether there are any card models available of the Royal Standard of Ur, the artifact unearthed in southern Iraq in the 1920s. I've become interested in the thing, and I've searched online and haven't been able to find any. I'm thinking of designing my own (unless someone who is much better at design wants to take a stab at it) but I thought I would post a thread here to see if anyone knows of any card model offerings of it.

More information on the artifact can be found here:
Standard of Ur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks.
David Hanners
St. Paul, MN

dhanners

I was thinking of just doing the Standard in the way they think it was displayed, i.e., a wedge-shaped structure with "War" on one side and "Peace" on the other. I'm sure there is some technical name for the geometric shape, but geometry was never one of my strong suits.

I just wanted to build something fairly simple, with the two sides and the two end pieces. I suppose, in theory, if I could find decent graphic representations on them online, I could just print them out and scratchbuild the wedge-shaped thingie. But my computer graphic design skills are nill. (Actually, they are limited to using the "Draw" function in Word.)

It struck me that somewhere like the British Museum, where the thing is, would offer a card model of it, but I can't find that they do. Then again, it is a relatively obscure (although historically important) archeological artifact.