The Rock

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by jon-monon, Apr 23, 2004.

1. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

I was on the telly with my good friend Shamus a few weeks ago, fidgeting around outside and I found this rock it the driveway. It's perfect, and this is exactly how I found it. It has moss on it and even bits of pyrite in it.

I'm going to have fun placing it about my layout and see if the LPBs can get some of the fools gold out of it.

Anyone else find a natural rock that looked perfect on your layout?

Attached Files:

2. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Need it for my railroad LOL
  3. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

:thumb: :thumb:
  4. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Jon, get me one of those too. :D

Isn't it great when you find stuff like that?
    Also, the price is right.
  5. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Jon. If you turned it over, would it look more like it was attached to the ground?
  6. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

7. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

I think it was somehow tracked in from my parents, an hour North of here, and I'll be going back tonorrow and have high hopes of finding more of the same :D :D :D And at that price, I'll take the whole stock :D

That's right, Clerk, or even pressed into the foam. I just set it there for the photo, took the shot, and forgot all about it for a couple of weeks :D
  8. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Thought so Jon. Thanks
  9. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Looks cool!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  10. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

gheesh, and here i thought this was gonna be about my fave railroad.
  11. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Sorry, RIMike, how insensative of me!
    :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :oops: :oops: :oops: ;)
  12. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

LOL actually, I have a big rock I picked up in Kelowna that I want to make a mold of and cast it in hydrocal. Your rock just reminded me of it.
  13. belg

belg Member

So the pet rock makes a return:D I hope you two are very happy together. :thumb: You better whistle for him or he'll get away,Pat.
  14. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Jon, I use real rocks, stones and dirt on my layout all the time. Nothing beats it for colour. I even took a jar full of dirt to the paint store to match the colour for my base coat, but somehow the real thing just looks more....what's the word I'm looking for?......real!