The Orlik DH98 Mosquito

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by David H, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Lukasz Fuczek

Lukasz Fuczek New Member

lasery są ok.;-))) I chyba każdy modelarz to potwierdzi. Nie inaczej jest z tym modelem. Segmenty powstały z prędkością nadświetlną;-))) Poniżej prezentuję gotowy kadłub. Oczywiście wręgi należało lekko przeszlifować, ale nie miałem większych problemów z pasowaniem części. W najbliższych dniach będzie przerwa w budowie, gdyż tak gdzie go sklejam nie będzie mnie do końca tygodnia. Model mam co rawda ze soba w domku ale mam inne obowiązki;-))) Dzisiejszy efekt widać na zdjęciach poniżej...
    spokojnej nocy życzę...
    Łukasz Fuczek

2. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Laser cut frames are ok and I think every modeler will agree with that. There is no difference with this model as well. Segments were completed at warp speed. Below is the completed fuselage. of course I had to sand the formers a bit, but there were no major problems with the fit. In the near future I will have to take a break from the build since I will be away for the rest of the week.
    I have the model with me but there are other duties. Today's progress on the photos. Good Night.
    Lukasz Fuczek

I took liberty and translated his post.
  3. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Wow, what a virtually seamless fuselage, Lukacz!:)
    I don't think I could ever get it to fit like that...:cry:

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing photos of your amazing work.

4. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Very good precision work! If I live thru another 738 years I'll never be able to build like that! Bravo!
  5. David H

David H Member

I know, I know where have I been? Hiding, a little, working a lot and stalled! Just too difficult to find quality model’n time and sort the problems.

In addition my faithful iBook died, Long live the MacBook!

But I have some leave, the gardening is done and its time to stick some card!

I promise will return to the Mosquito in a day or two and do it justice in my own humble way. But need to gear up to it.
  6. David H

David H Member

Do share your thoughts... I have wondered if I dare "vac-form " or heat form the office roof or try something a little more direct and knife based?

7. David H

David H Member

I have been collecting different gauges of transparent material to compare properties. I have always steered clear of hot forming / vac forming, in Homer J's words (or close) "If a thing is difficult or hard give up".

I agree that in the case of the FB Mossie the canopy is a variant on the transparent box. Carefull cutting and precise (sssh!) measurement would be a better bet.

BTW my grandfather used blown pespex bubble canopies as closhes in his vegetable garden. I don't know which type of aircraft they came from, late model spitfires? early jets? But as kids my brother and I had great fun lying under them playing fighter pilots and astronauts!

Now that's recycling or even swords in to plough shares.

8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Man.......... did you keep any of them?................. probably not:oops: