The ole furrball's layout party pics pt.1

C

Catt

Here's some pics to show ya how I'm starting my layout party :D

First up "the way it was" the origonal conversion module(s) a standard 8 1/8" by 12 1/4" TTRAK module.This will soon become a standard module.

party1.jpg

Second up "the way it be now" The new conversion modules are double length to get what I hope ia a more freeflowing transition between the two track spacings.

party2.jpg

I know,I know that is one sorry looking hill but I'm hoping once they ground cover is applied (all ready have the base dirt on but not in this pic) and the pine trees planted it will look better.

I'm hoping to get at least some of the grass and shrubs applied before going to club tonight.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
I like it Catt! Hill & all!
Looking forward to seeing your progress on this one!
:thumb: :cool: :cool: :thumb:

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
The backdrops look really good, and are making mine look really bad. I need to do some more work on mine. Did you paint those yourself?

C

Catt

Update

Here's the almost finished (actually it is finished for now) lefthand TTRAK module.

party3.jpg

I still need to weather the road ,put in the centerline ,add the Lexan front panel ,and after that plant some more pine trees on the ridge at the right front.

C

Catt

TTRAK is N scale table top modular railroading.If you click on the first TTRAK it will take you to the information website.

C

Catt

The whole TTRAK concept origonated in Japan where layout space is really at a premium.Lee Fitzgerald (Mrs. NTRAK :D ) brought the idea back to the states .

I really enjoy it and am planning to do some wider modules to really get some scenery down.My longest module is 48" long and these two conversion modules are for use with that.(it uses the 33mm track spacing which is wider than our other modules and sets back from the front edge more).

C

Catt

Part 2

I finally got around to taking some pics yesterday.

This pic is the module I just finished

mymods2.jpg

This is the module I started my party with.

mymods3.jpg

All of the modules in this pic are mine.The one with Robin's building and the one to it's right are going to be replaced with a double length module.

mymods5.jpg

The long module between the train station and the double bridge is also mine.

othrsyde.jpg