The Not-So-Sad Story Of An HO Jalopy

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by CharlesH., Feb 6, 2006.

1. CharlesH.

CharlesH. Member

Here's the story:
    Some time ago... actually a very long time ago, I started to scratchbuild my first vehicle - a Ford Model T. I found some drawings and I started to make the parts out of cerealboard, staples and modeling clay, however... As a part of my art history course I had to make a "realistic" sculpture depicting one of society's ills, and the deadline was dangerously close.

Having a half-built rod on my hands, I decided to put it to good use and put the hoodless vehicle in a tragic DUI tableau, here are the results:

A tragic scene, I know, but that was the purpose of the assignment.

Everything in therein is scratchbuilt and squeezed into a 3 1/2 inch foam square. When I turned it in I gave the teacher a magnifying glass for an appropriate appraisal and I got an A. The bad thing now is that mother displays it and she won't let me rebuild the dang car.
  2. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Now that's what I'd call scratchbuilding. A well-done model and a neat scene: the "A" was well deserved.

3. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Guy Behind the Curtains

Your sense of humor is as well developed as your talent for scratchbuilding. ;)
  4. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

That IS great work! Are you going to incorporate the mini scene on your layout?
  5. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Wow... That'a also a good reason for the invention of seatbelts!

I'm taking Ralph's side on this one :D That should be on a layout somewhere! :)
  6. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Gotta give you an A++ on this. On the mark for sure, sometimes humor can be a great teaching tool...:thumb: :thumb:
  7. CharlesH.

CharlesH. Member

Thanks folks!
    As of now I can't find a spot where I could incorporate such a scene, but something will be done... really...
  8. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Excedrine headache # 22540! :D :D :D