the newbies acomplishment. Any suggestions?

who_dat73

Jan 18, 2005
Minnesota
here are some pics of what I have accomplished so far this is my first layout so any experianced modelers suggestions would be great the hole of to the side will soon be flodded for a lake just wating for the rainy season to hit LOL:)

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 23
N

nachoman

looks great. I especially like the rutted road...I may have to borrow that idea...

kevin

N

nachoman

wait...You also asked for suggestions...

the one that comes to mind is TALUS - loose rock debris at the base of a cliff. Pile some loose rocks (stained plaster fragments, or woodland scenics stuff) at the base of your cliff...

who_dat73

Jan 18, 2005
Minnesota
hudsonelectric said:
Good job! The area around the portal is especially well done looking like it's been blasted and excavated to make the tunnel. Are you going to add trees to the slopes? :thumb:
Yea deffinatly need trees and little more brush on and around the bottem of the Ciliff and the slopes and the talles is in the process!!
thanks for the positive coments so far.:wave:

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hi,
Looks pretty good, but try to paint or otherwise color the inside of the tunnel exits some dark color (brown, black..) so it doesn't look like the train just passed through someone's living room. (I too like the rutted road...) Keep up the good work!
Gus.