The new way

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Maurice, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maurice

Maurice Member

I imagine you can get anyone to plead guilty if you torture them for 5 years.

Remember today the new way is for "them".
    Is it for you tomorrow ?

In case you don't know what I'm on about
    The mock trial took place in Cuba but not in the commie part.
  2. charliec

charliec Active Member

Not wrong there Maurice - one could be quite savage about how supine our bastard government was in this fiasco.

I liked Barry Jones' analysis of modern politics in the Manning Clark lecture -
    if you haven't heard it - it's at (podcast) at least for the next couple of weeks.

3. 46rob

46rob Member

Politics! I get more than enough of it from too many sources each day. Keep it off my sanity refuge....PLEASE!!!!!!!
  4. mikew

mikew Member

Deleted, since on reflection this is a modeling paper modeling forum, as Rob suggests above.

5. Maurice

Maurice Member

The technical term for that is "argument by distraction" it is a non sequitur and bears no relevance to what actually has been and is happening.

I presume that you have not been following this story in detail over the last 5 years
    "Save in the abode of the guilty" (a phrase used by Churchill when speaking of fascism) it is by now well known that all prisoners in Guantanamo have been tortured and that the conditions of their ongoing confinement amount to torture. Your military and political leaders have betrayed all of us in the Western world. My government has condoned this.
    By being unaware you risk having the same system of injustice laid on for you at some time in the future.

I assume that Rick will now lock this thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.