The MOST powerful Droid in the GALAXY...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Stev0, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

G O N K !

Good News ... Webdude has graciously offered to host these items in his guest area.

TheWebdude's Site

Old Download Link Here

Remember folks. This was created digitally without beta builds so in effect ... you are all beta builders Muahahahahahahaha....

I forgot about real world physics on this job.

Gonk stands on 2 little feet. When you build him leave out attaching his legs to his body till the very last. Putting weights in the bottom of his feet and through careful balancing position his body atop of them. Once he is balanced on his feet you can secure his legs to the body.
    Another way is to simple provide him with a base.

2. cjd

cjd Member

Nice model - thanks. Also good to see another Red Dwarf fan (I'm guessing)
  3. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

Model looks great!
    Now where did that new black ink tank hide itself......
  4. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Hey? the gonk droid is a star wars character, but now you mentioned it I would love to see some Red Dwarf models-scutter bugs, Starbug, Kryten maybe even Red Dwarf itself. I have often wondered if there were any dwarf fans on this site, here in UK it was a massively popular show and very funny, the great thing about it was that each show only cost about £2000 to make.
  5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

one of my back burner projects is Red Dwarf. Seems latter seasons had the production shots switched to CG shots and the result was an alarming change of Red Dwarfs size from pudgy red ship to loooooong simplified ship.

Getting references apart from a Corgi toy is like finding hens teeth.
  6. cjd

cjd Member

I am a massive Red Dwarf fan, and I'd love to see some models - apart from those mentioned, how about : a bazookoid, Ace Rimmers ship or hako's of the entire crew. I may even have some reference material in the junk heap that is my workshop. If I can find it, I'll post it.

"Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas!"
  7. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Heh just read my sig...
  8. mapleman

mapleman Member

Web links down, or no longer in service.
    How does one get hold of Star Wars most powerful Droid paper model?
  9. MTK

MTK Active Member