The Most Beautiful Thing I've Ever Seen

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Cannonball, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

A box full of brand new track and accessories.
    Doesn't it just bring a tear to your eye?

Too bad my floodlight is backordered though. :(

Attached Files:

2. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

OOOhhh...Tears and sniffles...:cry:
  3. scubadude

scubadude Member

Anyone have a tissue???
  4. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Nope, it is nice for you but not HO...LOL.

Hope you have lots of fun with it.

5. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Your just so sixty-ish. :) Hey as long as the little things make you happy your going to enjoy this hobby for a long time.

Sixty-ish is just my thoughts when I see the old stuff. :) 1960
  6. Cannonball

Get busy on that G scale layout and run with the big boys, Rick. :p

:D :D
  7. Cannonball

Sorry I can't afford and don't care much for Fastrack. It doesn't look right to me.
    I can deal with being 60ish though. A lot of good things came out of the 60's. Including me. :D
  8. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

I don't have a problem with the 0-27 track either. I didn't have to increase my budget that much though by using Fastrack since the layout is on 5 x 9.

To me track is track with the possibile exception of MTH Real Trax which I think is one of the wrost for a track that you have to keep taking apart. if you don't have to take it apart then it works just as well as anythng else.

I have a very healthy supply of 0-27 that I just might have to give to my brother since he still uses it. I think that just might make his day. :)
  9. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

why not buy the old accessories that is on the set you are coping? rather then the new repro, or reissue?
  10. Cannonball

The only accessories I bought really, were the streetlights, floodlight, 2 bumpers and 3 pieces of uncoupler track. As for buildings and such, I have a metric ton of old Lionel Plasticville stuff in storage at my Mom's place. She's supposed to be bringing it with her when she comes down to visit at the end of the month. I'm going to clean them up and use those rather than buying new buildings. This isn't going to be an exact replica of the dealer layout but a "new and improved" version. ;)
  11. simmonds

simmonds Member

Man I am excited for you Cannonball. I cant wait till I am opening my box of track and starting on my layout. I am jealous :rolleyes:

Take lots of pics for us. :)
  12. Geno

Geno Member

I wish I could be as content with 027 as most of you guys are- I already have a pile of it, even a bunch of 054 curves and a couple of circles of K-Line 072. I was planning to keep it, but most of the long cars I have (MTH Autoracks, I-beam flat cars, and even my Lionel SD-90's) can't get past the bulky switch motor on the Lionel 042 switches. So I decided to sell it off.

I've sold quite a bit of 027 track on Ebay- apparently there are plenty of takers for slghtly used track. And with Lionel raising prices, I can see why.

13. Marxed

Marxed Member

any promise of a CV yet with this track? :D
  14. Cannonball

Sadly no. :(
    I've been keeping an eye out for one though. ;)
  15. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Sorry, Cannonball, but I'm gonna have to say no. Now, if it was an HO engine of British orgin sent to me......:D sign1
  16. Cannonball

You and Rick up there just don't know real beauty when you see it. :p