the mach 3 beast

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by freddyman, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freddyman

freddyman newbie

i am new to the world of zealot and i admit a am a huge fan of the sr-71.i would thank anyone who post a free model of this beast.sign1 and you jtst have to love these smiles.
  2. ennder

ennder Member

Paragon has a nice one on his website

Look under the "Cold War" tab to the right.

he has the SR-71, SR-71B, YF-12, A-12, and the M-21 with D21 drone.

Oh! and uh welcome to the Forum :)
  3. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Paragon is one of the most generous designers in the whole community!! :)
  4. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

Paragon mods

Paragon's SR-71 is nicely done, like all his airplanes. Nice graphics. As usual, I made a few mods to make it easier (for me) to get everything together correctly.

I eliminated the long slots on the fuselage and nacelle parts to help them hold their shape more easily. I put several little slots in the fuselage and engine nacelles to take flat laminated card spars (three layers for the front chine spars, five layers for the wings).

I separated the wing into inner and outer wing skins and glued them separately (edge glued to the fuselage/nacelles and flat to the spars. After getting the top and bottom on I pinched the edges together to close up the wings.

Should make nice give-aways for the next Air Force Association Teacher Workshop (guest speaker will be a retired USAF SR-71 pilot and his wife, an AF Reserve weather officer with the Hurricane Hunters).

5. freddyman

freddyman newbie

very nice planes, and very simple too. i altered mine a bit to fly.
  6. Zathros

Zathros Guest

And where are the pics of this beast? Hmmm? :)
  7. freddyman

freddyman newbie

just veiwed this thread today. i need to get a memory card for my phone first. then i will show the pics of the beast. just a little more pactience ok.
  8. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Eagerly awaiting! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.