The Lunar Module - 5 (LM-5): "Eagle" has landed! (Scale 1:48)

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Space Boy, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

THANKS, MUCH APPRECIATED MY FRIENDS! Now I'm working on the Service Module (SM) of APOLLO 11 Mission. I've already finished the big bell shaped jet thrust nozzle of the SM. Hopefully, I'm going to share some images soon. Take care "Best Space Modellers"!
  2. Brett

Brett New Member

Unconscious life-like! Nice work! I look forward to the sequel.

LAZGEORG New Member

This is definately amazing!!!If only you had made a construction thread of this.....
  4. Johndhs

Johndhs New Member

That is amazing. The LEM is one of my favorite subjects. The first true manned spaceship, it was only meant to fly outside the atmosphere.
  5. Damndirtyape

Damndirtyape New Member

I think it would be very cool to have your LM set in an accurate moon diorama, with the landing probes bent and half buried in lunar soil, tether straps dangling about after deploying ALSEP, MESA, LRV...

Extraordinary models and craftsmanship. My opinion is that you should get a real good lunar landscape picture, maybe as large as an 11x14. Make it stand straight up in dry cement (simulating lunar soil). Then get yourself a cheap plastic pinhole camera, preferably 6x9 or 6x12 format. Get very close and use a single light source from the side and behind the camera. The pinhole camera will have everything in focus. The background picture will dictate where the single light source should come from.

Has anyone built an ALSEP layout? Or have they tackled the Apollo 14 MESA cart?
  6. thegreek270

thegreek270 New Member

Really nice Job spaceboy.

Very nice detail on the module. Can't wait to see the SM.

Your LM is indredible.

7. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

Thank you very much indeed for your nice advice! I'll keep that in mind but first of I need to complete the Sevice Module (SM) of "Columbia". Unfortunately, I haven't got enough time to complete my model nowadays. Hope to complete the model soon... Take care, c ya soon.:wave:
  8. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Stop by and just say Hi! I was wondering what had happened to you. Good to see you back. :)
  9. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

10. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

I had been looking for a job actually, that's why I weren't around; thank you very much indeed for asking, you're far too kind Sir! Glad to see you too! Catch ya later!:wave:
  11. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I like having people with common sense around, You help stabilize the forum. Your presence, or I should say, lack of presence is felt! I wish you well with you job hunt. It is a hard process world wide.
  12. Saint-Ex

Saint-Ex New Member

Great job, great details!!
  13. eagleclaw4935

eagleclaw4935 New Member

As each LM was in some way different from each other,you definitly captured the essence of LM 5.Way to go!
  14. kbkline

kbkline Member

I just drooled on my desk......
  15. Cap'n Davo

Cap'n Davo the new guy

Wow. That's all I can say (picks jaw up off ground, pushes eyeballs back into sockets). This model is incredible. I had started U-Don's model a couple years back but got distracted by something else and never completed. I'm going to have to put this back on my list of things to build (after I finish my shuttle stack/MLP/crawler). Thanks for sharing your photos... this gives me all kinds of ideas for using different materials in my builds.
  16. PaperAir

PaperAir Active Member

great job and looking forward to the rest of the build.
  17. gideon1962

gideon1962 Member

excellent job!
    (just a little note. my introduction to paper models was a lunar lander kit provided by Philips 66 in 1969. yeah, I'm old.)
  18. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

Great Build! Been awhile since I checked in and this build impressed me.

The Duke
  19. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

Thank you very much indeed EVERYBODY! I've just started to build SM of "Columbia". But the only thing I completed is the nozzle of SM. Now I'm building other parts where the nozzle attached. I will keep you updated soon hopefuly. By the way I really like the new interface of the web site; great job! ;)
  20. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

I started to built Service Module of Apollo 11 flight a few months ago; here are some photos of engine nozzle and engine part where the nozzle attached. Also high-gain antenna and some of its components, finally main body structure of the SM without exterior panels. I'll post more Picture when I complete the other parts of The Columbia (CSM).

Attached Files: