The Lunar Module - 5 (LM-5): "Eagle" has landed! (Scale 1:48)

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Space Boy, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Congrates Space Boy, your Eagle is the most realistic I've seen on this site yet to be posted.

So say we all:thumb:

2. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

Thank you very much indeed "Commander Husker"! I'm working on some additional details for the LM-5 Eagle nowadays. I'm planning to post a few new photos as soon as possible. Thanks again for your interest & kind comment.:)
  3. KieferRhys

KieferRhys Apprentice

Newbie Request

Thanks a lot for this excellent build of Udons LM, can I possibly request an extra piccy or two, as I'm modding this build into the stowed config, for my addition to Greelts' forest. The pix I'ld like would be the underside of the descent stage, to get the whole legs stowage thing sorted. Thanks from a new poster.
  4. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

Thank you! I'll help you as soon as possible my friend.
  5. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

More Images As You Wish...

Here are the photos!

Attached Files:

6. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

Some Other Images...

Have a look at them.

Attached Files:

7. ovation

ovation Member

Amazing :thumb:

8. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

This really is wonderful; in detail, in workmanship, in photography, in fidelity to the original. A magnificent work of art I'd say.
  9. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

Thank you very much indeed!!! You make me feel proud & you make me eager to build Apollo 11 CSM "Columbia" in 1.48 Scale too. Thanks again!:oops:
  10. KieferRhys

KieferRhys Apprentice

Thanks SpaceBoy, these are exactly what I was after, and my build is now proceeding nicely.:thumb:
  11. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

I'm glad to hear that! Please post images of your finished LM. Best wishes...
  12. rbeach84

rbeach84 New to Paper

Source for 1:48 astronauts

Seems these toy "playsets" that have astronauts and 'stuff' of mis-matched scales , the figures appear to be pretty close to 1:48... may require a bit of cleaning up and detailing, but the poses are good and the bulky suits convincing...
    Regards, Robert
  13. PixelOz

PixelOz New Member

Great! I love this model!

I always liked the lunar lander a lot and UDons model is so beautiful and your build is just excellent, well done! :thumb:
  14. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

Thank you PixelOz. I'm interested in Lunar Excursion Vehicles just like you. Throughout my childhood I wanted to get a LM toy, unfortunatelly I never got it. Because, in Turkey we have not got such realistic or decorative spacetoys. To cut it in short, I decided to build my own one as you can see now... Childhood dream comes true...:rolleyes: Thanks again for your gentle comment.
  15. Cap'n Davo

Cap'n Davo the new guy

The model looks great! I've started Udon's model also (see photo) and I have to say... I never knew that you could 'torture' paper into some of the shapes that the model calls for (I'm a beginner). Here's my very early stage of building, but your finished model inspires me to go and spend some more time on mine.

Cap'n Davo :wave:

Attached Files:

• 057.jpg
      File size:
      180.6 KB
  16. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Paper torture. Hmmm. I like that term. "What's my hobby you ask? Why, I'm a paper torturer! Muahahahahaha......!!" :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Almost forgot. Nice work there Cap'n. You sure you've never tortured paper before?
  17. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

Hi Cap'n! Thank you. Do not hurry to finish your model, be patient & only keep on building when you're in good mood & you really want to build it. Enjoy your model & keep on sharing new photos about the process:thumb:
    Good Luck!
  18. Groovin_fusion

Groovin_fusion New Member

19. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Excellent work

Space Boy... Your build of this HISTORIC craft is blindingly BEAUTIFUL, my sincere congratulations go to you, and you sure deserve one of these :goldcup: infact here's another for good measure :goldcup:

Cap'n Davo... Like SB says, don't rush your build and she will look mighty fine - Good luck with your build :thumb:
  20. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

Thank you so much! You make me proud!:oops: Now I'm working on Apollo 11 Command & Service Module: Columbia and Apollo 11 landing site diorama at the same time. But there's long way to go... Thank you very much indeed my friend!!!:oops: Byes 4 now.:wave: