The little restaurant that could and will again

Discussion in 'Architecture Models' started by slee2099, Jun 14, 2014.

1. slee2099

slee2099 Member

Those of you who live in or ever traveled through Dover,DE may know this place, it's some times known as the Family Restaurant, it's been in operation since 1948 and I worked there as a baker/cook for several years until it was destroyed by fire in Feb. of this year. Anyway I designed and built this model as a gift for my boss a little tribute to what was and what shall be again. I'm also including a photo of the model I did of the iconic sign that stands in front.

Attached Files:

carlos filipe, zathros and Lighter like this.
  2. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

I have ALWAYS LOVED these old fashion diners. GREAT FOOD, GREAT SERVICE, and your belly was full without your wallet feeling empty.

This is a GREAT tribute to the restaurant. I hope that they are able to rebuild it and be able to continue on.
    You did an EXCEPTIONAL JOB on this build. I hope that your boss likes it!

Lighter likes this.
  3. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator

You preserve history. These diners disappear, and it is such a loss. Often, they are rebuilt, but not to the original design. Sometimes it just costs t0o much. Super, delicious too, man, I'm hungry, model! :)
  4. slee2099

slee2099 Member

Ya Zathros it will be rebuilt and as you say it will look different inside and out but the food should remain about the same with a few changes, hopefully the prices won't change to much as we have a lot of older customers that count on us because as Rhaven Blaack said you fill your belly without emptying your wallet.