The Lionel CLOCK is now RUNNING

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Renovo PPR, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

4DAYS, 13 HOURS, 50 mins, 9 secs

:thumb: Good more trains to look at.
  2. scubadude

scubadude Member

3. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

would that be the countdown to the 2008 Lionel catalog?
  4. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

5. Geno

Geno Member

A big deal about the 2008 volume 1 catalog, and they still haven't delivered some items from over a year ago (SP GS-4)... Lionel needs to pull their $hit together and deliver what they advertise, before offering more items.

6. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

MTH and all the other manufacturer's are the same way. they wont even put something into production until they get enough orders to suit them. and some will never get made.
  7. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Excuse me, but I am waiting on a engine for a year now from MTH!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have put out two catalogs since then. I had to wait 6month plus for some normal everyday items in addition. That had a major track shortage at the beginning of 2007 which resulted in a length delay of building my layout.

So IMHO that is a very unfair opinion to place on just Lionel.
  8. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

i forget who made it ,,, but i know a guy that waited over 3 years for a piece of rolling stock, when the company got the orders they wanted they gave the go ahead to put it into production.

and with the 2008 MTH, if you did not get your order in my last nov. (pre order) there is a 90% chance you wont get it even if mth does make it right away. as mth is running a very limited number of everything in the new book. less of each thing then ever before.
  9. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

1 hour and 11 min left
  10. scubadude

scubadude Member

You O-guys are pitiful!!!!sign1sign1sign1sign1sign1sign1
  11. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

well they split up the lionel vol 1 into 2 books, so now there is 2 vol 1 books, one is for the cheap starter ready to run sets, out of both books i found in car that im going to order, rest are stuff that was in the 2007 books or its not standard O.
  12. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

I can't think of anyone that doesn't wait for these things to come out. I was surprised that Lionel does have some new products lines, after all they are coming out of bankruptcy. I think a lot of people have selective memory and forget about the MTH / Lionel battle and how it has slowed down the wheels with Lionel.

Hey Oz they have a few Rock items, didn't check to see if they were standard though. I was very happy to see the prices were kept in check since this is the first train catalog out since the big drop in the US dollar. I was expecting much higher pricing. I do expect some MTH faithful to mis lead people and make a crack about the pricing though.

They even produced some neat starter type stuff with a very good price again I expect people to tear apart those products knowing they are made for a different segment of the market. Those people aren't looking for scale but just something new to run. I believe that is the largest segment of the train buyers, you know those one time holiday buyers. A larger and much more powerful segment. Though some times I fall into the hole that makes me believe I am in the majority with my selfish need for scale trains.:mrgreen:

They may not have the diversity of MTH when it comes to engines and rolling stock but their stuff is still first class and I know my four items from the 2007 catalog were top notch and high quality.

A good buy from last year was the Conventional PRR RS-11 powered and non powered Standard O diesel's. They had outstanding scaled detail, low body to trucks and I bought both units for under $350. The best thing is there is no price increase between the 2007 & 2008 catalog. Yeah like I told you some people are going to try and tell you Lionel's pricing went through the roof, but they talk with blinders on and self interest.

I love milk cars and there are some new ones, again these are some of the best pieces of rolling stock made.

Well I'm going to enjoy reviewing all three catalogs along with my older 2008 volume 1 MTH catalogs. I say let the miserable people who cry miss seeing the good things.
  13. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

they did have 2 things in the rock name that was standard O i will be getting one, 6-17480 rock island ps-5 gondola with coke containers, $69.99

the other thing is an 6-27191 rock island hopper ps-2cd 3 pack, but i will not be getting it, as it 224.99, thats 74.99 per car, MTH makes lots of nice covered hopper cars for around 50.00 a car. and i dont need that big of fleet of i did see a nice red and yellow paint standard O rock island engine tho, but im trying to stay with only MTH with DCS/ps2. that way i dont have to pay for the tmcc on top of the dcs when i get it..... it sucks because there are a lot of lionel engines i want.

i need to go back through the new book tho, i just went speeding through it fast last night, and i may of missed something.
  14. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Well there is an advantage with DCS, it operates TMCC great.:thumb: TMCC will operate DCS too but not as well since you can't operate both TMCC and DCS at the same time.
  15. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

i did see that lionel has standard O 60' box cars now and will run on 0-31. these buggers are highly detailed , lots on nice new features from lionel on these box cars, i may have to get a few of them, even if there is no rock

hey , i do know of one thing that MTH jacked up the price on this year,, some of there dummy engines got bumped up from around 150.00 to 200.00 .
  16. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

here is that engine

Attached Files:

17. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

I think they added a few things to their dummies though, such as lights. I like both MTH and Lionel and I run a very mixed bag from both.

The ROCK :thumb:, nice road name.
  18. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

i was always a Lionel fan, until around a year ago, i started buying MTH, now im hooked, mth makes so many things that Lionel dont make i cant help but to buy some

ya, i live in the the rocks territory and the CB&Q 's so im a fan of them, in my town it was the CB&Q, and in a town 30 min to the north it was the Rock Island. tracks are all gone in both towns now tho. last train to come through my town was in 1960.
  19. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

The only reason I really even own MTH is that they have a large selection of Canadian National. They simply win the amount of road names and selection war for now.
  20. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

what i seen was them comming out with the same cars with some newer road names. and higher prices.

the standard O unibody tank car 3 pack in 2007 Vol2 is $134.99. same 3 packs in the 2008 book are $194.99 .

standard O 40 foot flat car with covered load in 2007 was $62.99, in 2008 its $69.99

the 2007 double sheathed boxcar in 2007 is $64.99, in 2008 its 69.99

the 2007 standard o 50' doube door box car was $69.99, in 2008 they are 74.99

the 2007 standard o offset hoppers 3 pack was $144.99, the 2008 is $199.99

i could keep going,,, but you get my point.