The lighthouse at Vincents Landing

Decide that the point at Vincents Landing needed a more prominent light rather than the beacon that was there before,so here is the result, ahouse next to it under construction

Attachments

• lighthouse 1.jpg
    lighthouse 1.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 245
Last one

Mounted at site but not yet fixed, light still to be connected. Looking for something that would give a good bright light I found a Neon indicator lamp that had a magnifying top, I carefully cut the top off with a file... mounted it in front of a mini lamp with a bit of foil behind it and boy does it give a good light...if you look carefully at the first picture it can be seen through the front window

Attachments

• the lighthouse.jpg
    the lighthouse.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 221

jmarksbery

Jimmy, I like that alot. Your layout looks great. Also I still need your e-mail address to send you the plans on the building, OK.
:wave:
Never mind, I got your e-mail off your web pages. The plans are in your e-mail. Enjoy, Jim

satokuma

Great little lighthouse..is is scratch built or off the shelf, could use one of those for the harbor.:D :D :D :wave:

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
I love it Jimmy. A real upgrade from the beacon. You idea to magnify the light is ingenious.

Satokuma........ Down where we live , no Hobby Shops so it's scratch built for every thing, the basis for the tower is a plastic core from my wifes sewing room,its the conical tube her cotton comes on. The covering , plinth and outer walling is an industial two part putty that dries extremely hard ( when baked for a few seconds in the microvawe (waited until the owner went shopping)

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Originally posted by jimmybeersa
... the covering , plinth and outer walling is an industial two part putty that dries extremely hard ( when baked for a few seconds in the microvawe (waited until the owner went shopping) ...

That's funny! ;) :D I don't know the source for this quote, but it is one of my favourites, especially when trying to make ground foam in the food processor:

"It is easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission."

Nice work - on the lighthouse, and the judicious use of the microwave!

Andrew